Why do girls like tall guys so much?

I don't get it. It confuses me. Do they think they can protect them better or something like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't "choose" to be attracted to tall men. It's not something they make a fact-based decision about any more than men do when they are attracted to round butts, shapely breasts, etc. It's in the DNA and is rooted in our evolution as a species.

What Girls Said 4

• Well I'm 4'11 and I like guys around 5'10-11...I guess I like talk guys because I do feel really safe around them and there's just something I love about a tall guy!

• I just think it has to do with who the girl is and who she's attracted to. I personally like taller guys I'm 5'6 and don't ask why because seriously I can't explain it. I've always been attracted to taller guys, it's just something that happened.

• Easiest way to explain it... When a guy looks down to us into our eyes when he kisses us just makes us feel special. I myself am 5'1 and if a guy is just a little bit taller than me it makes me smile when he looks down at me. We also know that guys like to be taller than us... Why is that?

• Short to >slightly< taller than average guys have always been more my cup of tea. I'm a petite person myself, and going out with guys that much taller than myself is just too damn difficult.

Plus, if you know anything about fighting and height... Fighting is one of those things in which experience helps MASSIVELY, and when it comes to picking a target, no one ever picks the biggest guy in the room.

What Guys Said 5

• Prob the same reason guys like girls with large breasts, or a large butt, or a tiny waist, etc - not a whole can be done about it. I am tall so it worked out for me, but I really do feel sorry for short guys. As much as girls hate how guys make fun of fat girls, girls are at least as bad about short guys and not being willing to date them.

• that last part is so true

• I'm 6`7 and have always had a thing for girls 5`0 and under. It feels right in my opinion, its just the way nature is..

• Nah!

• I'm 6'1 and girls say they just want someone who's there height or taller

• I am 6'6" and I actually have a bunch of girls I'm not interested in who are interested in me. Want me to send the ones I don't want your way?

• sure, man! lol

• Atta boy! Always good to take one for the team!