Why is hair considered disgusting?

This is for all of you girls/women who say that chest hair is gross? What is so gross about it? Some of you even make it seem uncleanly if a man has a hairy chest. What is all of the "ewww" about? Seriously? I personally think that today's society has been conditioned to believe that being hairless is beautiful. BUT I remember a time when young men were trying everything to get hairy chest, and I'm only 21. Guys, you man give your thoughts on this as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think when you say "chest hair" women think of guys with an afro chest or those long curly-cue hair bundles poking out.

Also, most guys that are in shape shave their bodies while most guys that are out of shape don't shave their bodies, so I think women also think of fat/out-of-shape when they hear the words "chest hair." If you don't have a bird nest on your chest and you are in shape I don't think most girls would complain.

• Thank-you for your reply, and your answer was detailed and intelligent. I appreciate that.

What Girls Said 5

• it's not that I think its uncleanly it's just a turn-off to me, just like some guys don't like thier girl to be un shaved, if a guy has chest hair I'm not going to turn him down, but I would perfer if he shaved

• Um...I love hairy chests. Didn't realize I was in the minority.

• Wow...can't believe other girls actually hate chest hair. I'm beginning to think I really am a freak.

• You don't know a SINGLE girl who likes chest hair?! Geebuz.

• Yeah, you are a HUGE minority. Thanks for answering.

• It's just personal preference that's all. Some girls love their men to have hairy chests whilst others don't like it. Personally I prefer hair free all over but that's just my preference.

• it'sjust personaly preference. like I would prefer a guy who shaved as well. some girls like it and some don't. that intrinsic preference is sort of just innate. so ie. I like guys with short hair and that's the way it is. I haven't really changed at all about my preference in recent years

• I hate chest hair. I don't know why, it just reminds me of an old man. Don't like it. I can't say why I am just turned off by it. My dad has chest hair. My man should have a bare chest

• But all of the people you named are "men." But thank-you for your honest answer.

What Guys Said 1

• I was really surprised by the outstanding answers from girls on that question. Virtually every girl appalled the idea of chest hair. They either wanted it shaved, or somehow hopefully he was biologically born without hair. Honestly, it's really hard to change that. You can't change your genetics. I myself have very little hair, but it's still shocking to see that. But I suppose it's still fair, given that practically every girl has to hear her boyfriend or husband whine about leg hair. But it's a little uneasy feeling, that if every girl had their way with men, we'd be stripped clean of all hair.

I also wonder why no question has been asked about penis hair. It's bound to show up honesty.

• I see what you are saying with that, but body hair on a woman is no where near as coarse as a mans, not to mention, there is probably a lot more hair on a man's chest than on a woman's legs.