How do I speak to a guy at the gym?

I've been seeing a guy constantly at the gym for a about 2 weeks now and think he's really cute and want to speak to him. I have caught him looking at me quite a few times and he has even walked up and down the gym 'hallway' looking at me, and I have smiled. He came up to me once and asked for some equipment and said it was fine to take. Since then though, nothing. I really wanna speak to him but don't know how to go about it? He's always wearing earphones too so makes it even more difficult. It turns out I have mutual friends with him (I found him on Facebook and Instagram) I don't know what to do! Help me please!

Most Helpful Guy

• say "hey (his name)" he'll ask "do I know you?" you reply, "no but I was stalking you on Facebook and instagram and masturbate to you daily"

only kidding.

if he's at a machine ask him how many more sets he has (he'll take his earphones out to hear you). then ask if you can work in (where you take turns at the machine). From there you'll have to find a way to engage him in conversation and try to keep it going.

Theres no guarantee he'll ask you out right there but at the very least you go from being complete strangers to some sort of acquaintance. Then smile and flirt with him every time you see him. ask to work in on a machine with him again if that's what it takes to talk to him again.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, jeez. You have everything but the guy's social.

Just wave him over when he's about to leave. For me, I'll be polite and talk but I really rather not stop my mode to be social. My schedule might not allow for that. But at the end of my workout I'd take a few minutes to improve communications.

Ciao.

• Do it!

I'm a psychology major.

People are more likely to say yes to a request to go out for a date after they've just gone to cardio heartrate.. There was a study done on the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver, BC a long time ago.

So yeah, do it up.

• If he looks at you again, give him a little wave. If he waves back, then you two have at least acknowledged each other. The time after that, I don't think it would be too awkward to say "hi" and maybe mention something that you two do in common at the gym.

• Say hey and smile. Ask his name and go from there

• You could compliment my twins or body after a tiring exercise :D

Just because I am using earphones, it doesn't mean I don't want to talk. I listen to music while work out because it helps me to keep going

• give up

• I wonder what makes it go through a girls mind to want to go talk to a guy when most girls are passive

• Just talk to him with a smile.

• if he wasn't good looking then she would call him creep . Proof that girls only care about looks

What Girls Said 2

• Find an excuse to go over and chat with him when he's free (not in the middle of a workout or talking to people) and just say hey and ask how his workout is going and what he is focusing on bulking up and stuff, then tell him what you are working out. Just casually talk to him (I talk to guys all the time, not because I like them but I'm just a friendly girl and talk to anyone) and after your small talk, ask him to help you out with one of the machines. Many guys love helping a pretty lady out in one way or another, or ask him to hand your water bottle to you while you are on the treadmill. Just keep talking to him on a regular basis, and eventually, he will be coming to you. Don't act all flirty and clingy to him though, just act like a nice girl for now. Flirting comes later. Who knows, you may just prefer him as a friend anyway?

• Bend and Snap approach works every time.

You can start with maybe working out by him? Like if you know he likes to lift, you can work out by there. Also you can make longer eye contact with him and smile more often, to encourage him that you are interested.