Why am I hit on more when I'm underdressed?

I get hit on more when I'm wearing a t-shirt, yoga pants or norts, my hair looking like an afro, no makeup and coincidentally when I happen to be having a bad day

But I don't get hit on as much when I'm all dressed up. Today and yesterday, I think I got hit on a record # of times lmao

Not that I should care lol

why is that? Because it's one thing to look more approachable and another to just be a hot sloppy (what should be unapproachable) mess.

Most Helpful Guy

• What you see as "hot sloppy mess" is actually what's approachable. Guys tend to try to read into a girl's appearance and try to gather what they can about her before they approach. And when she puts what the guy would consider to be too much obvious effort into it, it makes her seem like more likely to be a drama queen. It probably won't make sense to you because when you think about it there isn't a whole lot of logic behind it, but to guys, there's a correlation between effort in appearance and potential for unbearable drama.

What Guys Said 7

• Because you are less intimidating. Perceived as easy going and not high maintenance . On a sub conscious level.. men will feel they can easily provide for you when you underdressed than when you a re over dressed. Men love to impress and provide for women. It is in their instinct. If you are wearing Armani and Gucci all the time then most likely it is hard to please you . Thus .. men will pass on .

• A lot of guys find that an attractive girl is more attractive when she's a "hot mess". Like others have said, by being a hot mess you look approachable. A lot of guys don't really care about impressing everyone so to see a good looking girl who is of the same mindset gives off a sense of relaxation, thus making you easier to approach. A girl that's always dressed to impress gives off an aura of being better than everyone else. Even a completely down to earth girl may be looked at as a prude.

• I'd guess less intimidating is the main reason.

It also might be that you tend to be dressed up in an environment where other women are dressed up so there is more competition.

• Well, no...on this campus, girls either dress in the style that I do or they're dressed from head to toe in designer clothing...so, same environment, different male responses haha

• because girls are shallow especially when they are fully dressed and feel entitled to model looking guys . So when you are not dressed they might think that she might give an average guy a chance

• Yoga pants show your ass and p**** and you look more approachable because you're not over made up. Guys can't resist that combo.

• The fact that you're wearing yoga pants is the determining factor.

• maybe its because they seem more relaxed and easy going idk

What Girls Said 3

• you may think you look a mess but you probably don't to someone other than yourself. you're always harder on yourself than other people because you focus on too many details. to them you are probably just less intimidating when you're dressed down. its been like that in the past for me too but now I don't get hit on anymore ever lol.

• Wha, really? o_o I'm surprised.

• I agree. I think women look much more approachable dressed down a bit.

I don't see why you wouldn't get hit on, you're a beautiful girl from what I see in that little picture lol Here I'll give you a cheesy pick up line: "Hey girl, do you have a bandaid? I scraped my knee falling for you" lmao

• I would think it's because you seem more down to earth and less intimidating when you're more natural looking (no makeup, T-shirts, etc.) Like you aren't really "trying" to impress anyone. Some guys like that factor about girls, like, it's hotter when you don't put in TOO much effort. This is my guess.

• Less intimidating? I remember reading an article about intentionally "messy" hair years ago (like this link ) and how it was in because guys saw you as "more approachable."

Yoga pants are awesome by the way, and guys love them.

I don't leave the house without makeup, but actually I also get hit on when I'm having a bad day, wtf?

• yeah, I have curly hair...that's a straight haired persons idea of messy lol

• Curly hair is beautiful. Mine's wavy and I always wanted it to be straight until I stopped giving a crap and just cut/styled it to its texture.