Girls...What is better? A guy with just good looks or a guy with a good personality?

A guy with only looks but a complete jerk

or

A guy with a great personality but not sooo good looking (somewhat ugly) lol

Also to add to this question

who would you want to have sex with the good looking one or ugly one

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not go out with an ugly guy that didn't appeal to me. I would consider him my friend. But a personality will lead me to the right guy with at least good looks... he doesn't need to be hot but he has to be decent enough that I won't see him as just a friend and I can't even look at him while kissing him. He doesn't have to be good looking for my friends but at least to my standards. That was how it was with my last ex. He wasn't my TYPE and actually not hot to some of my friends (they asked me why I would go out with him and said I'm way prettier for a guy like him. lol) but I fell in love with his nice personality, his confidence and his silliness. He was shy to an extent but he was outgoing and a natural born leader. He was good looking but too scruffy for me, but I gave him a chance and he definitely was a good boyfriend (until the fights like anyone else would have over immature things). I no longer limit myself because of him. I'm still looking for a good looking guy with that funny personality whether it be him again one day or someone else. But I definitely would NOT go out with a jerk. I would not be able to get along with one, especially with my personality. lol

What Girls Said 25

• For me, it depends what level this guy is considered a jerk. If he has a somewhat crude sense of humor or a bit of a bad boy attitude, I don't mind it and odds are there is something else to him. However, if the guy treats me terribly and I find there is very little I find good about his personality then I lose all interest and he becomes repulsive at the same time.

Along the lines of personality, sometimes with a great personality physical attraction can grow and things can work out great. However, if no physical attraction has grown but you still cannot deny the guy's amazing personality, than odds are that he would become just a friend.

So if I was given the choice between each drastic option, I think I'd choose to stay single.

• i would rather have a long term relationship with a guy with a good personality.and he can always work on his looks. I think changing someone's looks is a lot easier and less painful then changing a guy's personality

• Personality always trumps looks because looks come and go. That being said if the guy was so ugly I couldn't stand to look at him it would be neither. If the guy was kinda chubby and not too attractive by society standards I could deal with it. I mean, there has to be SOME sort of attraction, right? Personality is def. the most important thing in a relationship though. We all get old and grey one day and if you can't converse with someone now what are you going to talk about 40 years down the road.

• I would think this is a no brainer; the guy with the personality is better for sure!

Looks aren't forever!

• I can't have sex with someone I don't like, no matter how good he looks. Once you fall in love with someone, they become handsome/beautiful in your eyes despite them being "ugly" to other people

• Depends. I will explain =]

There are no ugly people, just lazy ones and don't forget that. Plus, guys with good personality

don't have to be ugly, they don't have model looks and don't actually need them.

Hot looking guy is coming and going, he won't win the heart of a girl. And personality

makes you fall in love with what's deep down inside, beyond anything, and makes you see

the outside in a different light - in your own personal perspective, simply beautiful, no matter

have you got model looks or not.

P.S. can't relate sex to this one.

• ok, well we all know that everyone would like to be w someone good looking. me personally, I do love a personality and looks but sometimes you get the looks and nothing upstairs if ya know what I mean. anyone that will say that looks don't matter is lying. I'm sure you would care what your girl looks like even just a little bit. to me, ya gotta have both or there's no deal. I have quite a few guy friends that the first time I met them I was like hmm, ok...i hope they don't hit on me. but, after I got to know them and their personality, I love them to death!

• personality. no ugly guys, but a guy that takes care of himself. I wouldn't have sex with either of them. but anywho, I would still choose the one with personality because he would truly care for ME and not just my body.

• A guy with a good personality is better... especially if you are planning on a long term relationship. you can grow to be attracted to someone believe it or not. but I don't think I'd want an attractive jerk around me anytime. Someone who's a jerk, eventually, turns me off.

• Looks are great but that's all they're good for, looking. Personality wins :)

• personality but he can't be a total slob. that just disgusting

• If he's got the looks but he's a jerk... then I don't want him... I'd much rather date an "ugly" guy with a great personality any day of the week.

• Arghh neither lol. Really I want the best of both worlds so a nice good looking guy. If it was only sex I would choose the hot guy but if it was for a long term relationship I would choose the guy with the nice personality.

• I like this guy who is fat and has a big head but he's nice! He has the best personality ever and makes me feel good! Everyone says he's not good looking but I really don't care because looks don't matter to me.

• A guy with a great personality of course.. looks can be fixed!

• usually the good looking one that's a jerk sometimes you can transform them into something better... you just gotta play a little game an make them want u...

• Personality. But he has to know how to take care of himself.

• personality!

anyways wich would you rather have

• Well if its just for fun flirtation and fooling around then definitely the good looking one but if its more than that then definitely the one that has an awesome personality but he has to still know how to take care of himself

• personality. but, you HAVE to be attracted to him. and there WILL be someone out there who is attracted to you, I promise.

• lol well if it's just sex than probably the good looking one. But if it's more than sex, then the guy with the good personality. I won't date a guy that is an ass, but there has to be some sort of physical attraction, otherwise it just won't work.

• definitely a combo of both!

• the look vs personaletiy quastion AGAIN

i would chose a nice kind funny guy how LOOKS HOOOOOOOOOT lool

i just can't chose

• I will chose one that is both ut if I have to chose I will chose the porsonaletiy

• Who* was a correction of your spelling. That's all. Don't hurt yourself thinking of such a concept now.

• I'd rather be with someone I was very compatible with. If they had a great personality I wouldn't care what they looked like.

• Neither. I wouldn't have sex with either one but I would date the hot guy for a little while. I'm not going to lower my self respect by getting with a jerk, but I can't be with someone I'm not attracted to either.

• A great personality is always the best. Looks really don't matter when you connect on a deeper level especially when the guy makes you laugh.

What Guys Said 1

• This question will never get a true answer because everyone will always find a justification for one way or the other.

Actions speak louder than words, and the actions usually oppose what they preach no matter how many times they claim either side.

• Yeah

look at all the girls going after 'bad boys'

rarely do I see the nice guys get chicks