Do guys find abs sexy? Or do they prefer just a thin flat belly with no muscle?

I just had surgery not to long ago to have a 14 pound ovarian cyst removed. I am very thin, but because of the huge cyst (I looked six months pregnant) my stomach looks kind of funny because it stretched out my stomach. Everyone has told me it can all be fixed by exercising, and most people think it's not noticeable but I can tell when I am sitting. So I want to tighten my stomach. I'm just worried that abs might not be sexy. I was telling one of my girl friends about how once I'm recovered enough (I have two more weeks before I can exercise) I am doing boot camp to tone up my body. It's an 8 week program, and it targets your entire body.

She said "Ew no, men absolutely hate abs on women. It's disgusting. You don't want to be lumpy." Apparently according to her, my arms are bad enough. I work in a factory, so I have a little muscle in my arms.

So I don't don't know if I should just do cardio and see if that helps fix it (I cannot lose anymore fat. What I have isn't fat) or do ab exercises.

She hangs out with only men, and barely any women. So she says she's expert on guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think abs can look good on men but to be honest I don't think they're very sexy on women...

What Guys Said 5

• i wouldn't care really at all. the fitter she is the better the sex will be. all the guys that don't like girls abs probably never get any, and are probably gay

• I don't like abs on girls, I like an nice toned stomach, but not having abs visible. My rule of thumb for girls is that muscle on them is fine, and often a good thing, it's when it starts getting visible that it's not.

• Abs are very attractive but most people don't think so because they picture the minority of women who use chemicals to go over the top and get disgustingly huge however real abs from exercising and staying fit are incredibly attractive

• Abs are sexy. ABS are not sexy. Difference: High-definition vs. respectable presence.

• I prefer abs for a girl as long as it's not tightly packed.

What Girls Said 3

• You have to do core & ab exercises as WELL as cardio to even see abs

Guys who are in shape like abs. not ripped abs, which even then the average woman cannot achieve without excessive exercising.

Most guys are out of shape as are most women. So it's definitely out of the norm and different, but so be it

• I think different guys like different things. I have met guys who like muscle on women and guys who don't.

What really matters is to be happy with what you see when you look in the mirror.

• I don't think they do