Are tattoos on girls trashy?

Do you think they are trashy or not?

Would you judge a girl who was inked? If so, in what way and why?

Does the placement of the tattoo matter? I am considering getting a small tattoo on my wrist.

Most Helpful Guy

• I just spent about 10 minutes contemplating and typing an answer, that clocked in at 2000+ words. When I clicked "Preview Answer" the page reloaded and my work was lost. I am tired now, so I am going to grossly abbreviate what I said, because I want to answer this question. Sorry you aren't going to get my real answer, assuming you'd want to read it.

Trashiness depends on the tattoo. Doesn't really make much difference that you're a girl. Society may think differently than I, and I am not your boss. Be careful.

Here's some of my rules for getting a tat.

Simple. Almost cryptic, so that it has meaning to you and selected others.

Have meaning. I must earn a tat before getting it, so that it isn't a fad I get caught in.

Also, no color. Only black ink. Colors can be trashy easier.

After I complete dream since I was a wee lad of canoeing down the Mississippi River, I will get tattoo. Black line that traces path of the River down my arm and ends with Delta on the back of my hand. A simple black line. The River already has played a huge part in my life. The tat will represent to me and remind me that I have completed my dream, among other things I am not sharing.

Thanks for saving me from boredom once, then again. Hope that helps. Goodnight.

• Forgot an important detail that is so obvious to me it didn't even cross my mind.

DO NOT GET A TATTOO ON YOUR LOWER BACK. No matter what, it appears trashy. If you don't care what people think (unlikely, given your question) then go ahead. Just beware.

• +1 Agree. Except on the color part personally. I definitely agree that it can make it trashy easier, but that just means be very careful with it. And by the sound of your ink, a small one on your wrist, it won't matter too much.

Basically, google "Tramp Stamp". Make sure it's not like that, and you'll be ok.

What Guys Said 21

• Tattoo's are effin sexy. It makes the girl interesting for me. Why she got the tattoo, or if it was just for fun or anything. I'd only judge a girl's tattoo if it was on her lower back and it looked trashy. I saw a girl with her boyfriend's name in bubble text on her lower back just cause she "loves him so much". Then again I see another girl with a saying on her shoulder and it's got a deep meaning behind it. Really gave her some character. Or a group of friends getting the same matching tattoo for a friend of there's that died, they all got a story to tell and memories behind there tattoo's, and it shows a lot of passion.

My overall advice, get it somewhere where you can cover up for a job interveiw, and don't get it based on if people will judge you or not, if you want a tattoo, do it.

• I think it is simply trendy. I mean tattoos are generally an expression of one's self or experience. It has become something of a staple or novelty, I think, recently. You got your cliched barbed wire tattoos on the arm, or Pacific Islander mantra on the calf. Even something really unique just seems to come across as very "gotta have" craze.

My former lawyer worked in a big skyscraper had a tattoo on his forearm and I thought less of him professionally for it. I found out later he did some not so right stuff. Right looks can be decieving but people do judge books by their covers.

That being said, I actually think some of it is pretty cool. I know a model that had one pretty unique on her foot and I actually decided to incorporate it into an entirely new shoot because of it. I think it can be a reflection of your personality (not that every person that gets one has). In that sense it can be great.

• tattoos are hot if not too much and if the draws are cool :) ...

c'mooon you're asking this just for a small tattoo on your wrist? that's almost nothing! and it's not trashy.. it's a form of art! :D I'm thinking abt doing something myself on the arm... but I reeeeally have to think abt the draw

• It depends. A cute tatoo or two is ok on anyone, but it's when you get a huge tatoo that dominates your body, taking up a lot of space. That's what makes people in general look trashy. Especially when they complement it with gauged ears and multipe piercings, that's just gross. I mean, anyone can wear earrings, but when you start to distort your natural face and body image of yourself is when it gets out of hand. On the wrist, the leg, the ankle, the shoulder or neck isn't bad, but if you get a huge tatoo that sticks out on your but, pelvis or boobs just so you can get people's attention isn't really cool.

• ink is mad cute! ^,^

whether you have a full

sleeve or a small heart

on your wrist or ankle

theyre mad cute(:

NOT TRASHY

• a few tasteful tatoos in at discrete places can be a turn on.

a biker chick who looks like hell's angels had a crayola convention is not hot.

• Personally I am a rocker guy that finds girls with tatts and peircings vary attractive.

But if your one of them girls that goes for the nerdy know it alls then it probley wouldn't be a good idea.

Every guy love's a trouble maker. As long as they can keep it at a legal level. lol

• Extremely trashy.

• tramp stamps are trashy, a well done tattoo with significant meaning is a beautiful work of art

• Absolutely! I think tattoos in general are trashy. On a woman is so gross!

Tattoos used to be cool and it made sense to me when a guy was in the army or affiliated with some group and had one to show allegiance. But nowadays every idiot has one which makes them lame.

Don't get one. Very classless. Remember it's there for the rest of your life!

• I say yes, because in my opinion I'm turned off when a female has one.

• I'm not a fan, but I wouldn't call it trashy.

• depends on the the tattoo and the location of the tat

although tramp and pelvis stamps are sexy you might as well just carry a sign with the word SLUT on it

• big and colourful tattoo's tend to be trashy on any one, smaller black tattoo's are much better to look at, especially on places like the wrist.

• depends on the tatto but I say its sexy as hell when a girl is inked

• no theyre fashionable but better go small to begin with and frankly better in your twenties than your teens.

• no tattoos on a girl can be very sexy and not trashy it just depends on the tattoo why it's there and where it is.

• Yes. Because a tattooed girl is saying to the world, "Look at me! I have no individuaity - I'm just trendy."

• i have never liked tattoos on a girl. I see them all thetime now. why do girls feel the need to do this. piercing on the other hand, is pretty hot.

• Tattoos on girls are hot, except on the arms.

• Tattoos can be sexy or artistic. I think a tribal tattoo above the bikini line is hot.

• very trashy. tattoos are a deal breaker for me it just makes a girl look so dirty and nasty

• Even if its one of the various ribbons for a loved one who passed away from an illness?

if that's a dealbreaker, I'd say that's shallow, but to each his own right?

of course if its a giant butterfly across her lower back then I agree, trashy.

• I think that statement is harsh. what if a girl is an absolute dream to be about but she has a small tattoo of something meaningful to her. like if she survived hurricane katrina and had a fleur de lis tattooed on her wrist or something. or to commemorate her mother she has a dolphin tattooed on her ankle.

• Doesnt really matter what it is to me I just don't like them on girls. sorry if it sounds harsh but I just don't like em

What Girls Said 17

• tattoos are deff. NOT trashy. I have a star on both of my hip blades and I love them. if other people judge you because of ink on your body then don't liste to them. if you like it then that's what matters. make sure you really want to tattoo before you go get it though. remember it is there forever. if you are questioning if it is trashy or what people would think if it I would wait awhile before I get the tat done. and also consider jobs. most jobs don't allow tattoos to be see while on the job. so make sure it isn't that noticable. unless you want a big tatoo in a see-able place.

xoxo- Glitter

• i think it entirely depends on what the tattoo is and where it is. I wouldn't suggest a tattoo on the wrist though because they're difficult to hide and people, unfortunately, do judge people negatively based on tattoos when they see them. I have tattoos, both small, one on my shoulder blade and one on my left rib cage.

• Most guys I know think tattoos are trashy. That being said, I live in a very wealthy area where few people have tattoos. However, they've told me that if it is a small one with a lot of meaning for the person (like a death or something) it is fine, as long as it isn't like blasted across her face or something.

That being said, I think each to their own. Some girls and guys can rock tattoos. Personally, the most I would ever get would be one tiny one, and I wouldn't date a guy with large tattoos (I prefer cleancut) but I think they are awesome.

• I think the type of tattoo and the placement largely determine how people judge whether a tattoo is trashy or classy. I personally have a tattoo on my wrist and I get compliments all the time while its still easily concealed when necessary.

The key is your preferences. The tattoo is going to be on YOUR body forever, not someone else's so get what you want where you want.

• Personally I think that any girl who get inked and labelled for life with a pin or watever is definately trashy. It seems like they only got one to fit in or because they have no life and want to be cool.

And yes, like below it DOES depend on the tatoo. If you ARE going to get a tatoo make it meaningful, and by meaningfull I don't mean your boyfriends name or something or 'I love MOTORBIKES' because that's just stupid and gayy. Do domething like, lyrics or a quote..

• no I don't think that the tattoos are trachy on girl's

• don't tatto below your elbow, well at least until you know what you are going to do for your life. you might not be able to get hired unless you can really hide it. and make sure you get something you'll live with. but with that in consideration go for it. tattoos are awesome =)

• I have a small tat on my wrist and it's definitely a nice convo starter.

I don't see the big deal. Especially if the tattoo has an actual meaning to the person. I think the majority of guys wouldn't be that judgemental about tattoos unless it were really ugly or if it was an ex's name or something! haha

• I think tattoos look hot on girls, they don't look trashy at all! And a tattoo on the wrist is one of the best places to get one done. Go for it!

• hey why worry about what guys think when you find the right one he won't care.

'

• depends what and where. just make sure you won't regret it..it'll be on you for life.

• i have a tatto and my ex thout it was sexy because it is on my lower back but do not get eney thing below the elbow!=[

• i think ur rite lols

• I waited 3 years to get a tattoo and I'm so proud of it. I will always be proud of it because it is beautiful and represents those closest to me. I plan on getting many more actually because they will all mean something to me and if people can't see past the ink on my skin, then that's their own fault. I don't think anyone should be judged for the choices they make because it's your own choice so don't listen to anything someone else says. Be proud of what you want. Wrist tattoo is on my list actually... I say go for it!

• depands where and what it is

• trashy

• no I have a tattoo on my back just above my *ss and it isn't trashy because it's not too overwhelming, it's subtle