Which email address would be better to use on a resume?

I have two email addresses and I'm not sure which would be best to use on a resume. Let's say my name is Sue Johnson.

My first email is: firstnamelastname@live.com

In other words, it would look like this: suejohnson@live.com

The other email is: firstinitialmiddleinitiallastname85@gmail.com so it would look like: sejohnson85@gmail.com

I've heard that gmail has more of a professional reputation but which email address do you think who be better on a resume?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's usually better to stay away from email addresses that have numbers appended to the end of them; they almost always look unprofessional.

I don't think there is any merit to claims that one email domain is more professional looking than another, as long as you're with a big one. Live/Hotmail, Google, and Yahoo should all be fine.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• mine is firstname.lastname@

• I'd do the gmail one personally.

• Use the @Liveo one

• The first e-mail will be much more professional.

• either one is fine. They're not going to base their decision on your email address.

Unless your email address is enormousc0ck@gmail.com like mine is.

• Use the first email: firstname lastname @live.com.

Trust me, it seems much more professional, plus as it's not initials, it makes the employer find it easier to remember your name. Live > Gmail.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd choose the live one !

-doesn't have numbers in it

-easily understandable (whereas firstinitamiddleinitial isn't that transparent)

-commonly used (although firstname.lastname@... is alright too)

So yeah, firstnamelastname@live.com for me :)

• Definately firstnamelastname@live.com, using initials in the address just seems very informal to me.