So I sorta met this guy... How do I land him... and keep him?

My neighbours son is home from school..

He saw me running Saturday, and his face tracked me all the way past his house when he was washing his car.. Then later, I was lying out in the sun, and while he was mowing his lawn, he kept looking over at me..

I just met him yesterday, he's a couple of years younger then me.. but he "knows" me from high school.. which means he knows my less then respectable reputation...

He is good looking, has an athlete's body (Lacrosse and Hockey) and he is smart.. he is going to University for Engineering.. He plays guitar.. he sings... he's funny.. and he's interested...

But he is the kind of guy that wants me for a fun summer, not the kind of guy that I can ever actually have a chance of holding on too...

Today I was going to go for a run, and he said he'd join me.. we ran down the river, out of our village to the edge of the next town.. there is the ruins of an old mill there.. we hung out, talked.. hugged. and kissed a lil... it was such a great afternoon.. I want more of these...

but.. how?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off you are attractive and that can kind of be a burden when it comes to guys. Second you're a freak. And I mean that as a complement. The guy that goes in knowing your history is going to be hard to get a relationship out of if you make it a sexual relationship off the bat... this guy might actually like you but you may never know for sure if you move too fast. If not him there will be others.

The best advice I can give you is slow it down. Hold off on the sex stuff. Be patient and be selective... The guy that sticks around without sex being part of the equation is the guy you want. You are a bright young lady. A little dark but that isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

What Guys Said 7

• Awww...sounds like a typical Canadian romance! and he's a hockey player as well! Maybe you'll be a hockey wife too! (puck bunny...at least!) Unless you JUST wanna ravage that athletic body of his for the whole summer...

Well...firstly, he's interested and made 'his move' already. Secondly, you hung out, hugged AND kissed already! That's all done! Step 3: Just keep on having these dates and let the relationship takes it course!

And if you want more...all you gotta do...is ask.

Happy huntin'! ;)

• oh, I know I can get "summer fun" but I want him to see me as more then that...

• How do you know he doesn't want something more...like deep deep down? Or is that what YOU assume?

But then again...you said he IS younger than you by a few years and he's what I dub the 'jack-of-all-trades'. He's probably smart enough to use it to his game. hmm...ok nvrmind.

Simple solution! Don't have sex with him! make him waaaaait. If all he wants is a quick lay and he ain't getting any...he will dump you eventually. It's a waiting game really...

• Perhaps you can just keep on doing what you're been doing. If he's into you, then it's likely that he will keep on pursuing you. Don't worry. Just keep on doing your running. Also, who you were in the past is not who you are today.

• just take things slow get to know one another and once both you and him are in a position of thinking about being in a relationship tell him you want something long term.

• take things slow and see if he sticks around

• Take things slow, and if its meant to be, it will be. :)

• If you want a relationship where your partner is emotionally connected, you have to be emotionally open to them. Doesn't guarantee it, but its a necessary factor.

• ok.. lets pretend for a second that I'm really dumb...

How would I be "emotionally open" ?

• How many guys do you show the emotional side to?

• um.. some.. most start making tracks when the crazy comes out tho

• You should just ask him to hang out more with you.

What Girls Said 2

• The length/ seriousness of the relationship you seek will be affected by how slow you take things. Get to know him first and let him get to know you. Be kind and down to earth. Get him to become comfortable and ask you out.

Good luck :)

• Just be yourself. If you want him to like you and want to be with you, than has to like the real you. If he's looking for just some fun, then he isn't ready for anything serious, with guys, you can't force it upon them, they will loose interest or run the other way. Get to know him, and let him get to know you. Don't throw yourself at him, and let him come to you.