Women don't want guys looking better than them?

This guy in a locker room was talking mentioning this. He was saying women don't want guys looking better than them. Part of me says that this can be true in some cases but I want some feedback on this.

Could it be that there are girls out there who don't feel that they would be as in-control in a relationship if the guy looked better than them? But if that's the case then are they stuck being single since they probably would not want an unattractive guy either?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like a guy who looks good and presentable but I guess what you said is true. My boyfriend is gorgeous and it makes me feel insecure. He wears designer clothes and I don't own one piece of expensive designer clothes. He always looks good because he has a nice body and he's handsome looking. I can't pull off a scruffy look like he can so I feel like I need to dress up a lot to match his looks and to feel good enough and if you know a lot about girls, you'll know that we're all pretty insecure. I think a lot of women believe that the woman should be the glamourous one of the relationship and men are meant to look manly. So when those ideas are reversed, they don't like it.

Imagine being with a super attractive girl who always looks good without even trying, whilst you feel insecure about how you look and not good enough for her. You would love her but you would feel quite low when you're walking next to her in public.

What Girls Said 5

• Girls generally prefer guys who are around their "level" of attractiveness. I'm slightly above average looking, so I like guys who are average to above average. I'd just feel weird dating a super attractive guy, I don't know why.

• ...why is everyone so focused on looks?!?!?!

• its the way society is, its starts on TV, carries on in the newspapers and is all over magazines.

• Only people with no confidence will be upset whether their partner is less or more attractive than them. Personally I think it would be a nice benefit although I don't really care about looks. It's more rare to find a compatible personality so that's what I've always gone for and dated guys who weren't all that good looking.

• I don't think I would understand why a better looking guy would want to go out with me the usual thing in couples is that the girl is better looking personally I think its because guys are that little bit more shallow.

• Says you

• Thanks for clearly not reading the question where I said that the guy in the locker room was saying this.

• I like a good looking man, even if he's hotter than me.

What Guys Said 5

• If this were true, then average looking girls wouldn't be going out with good looking guys. The only people who believe that statement are shallow people.

• OMG Yes! This is what I've been saying all along! No wonder it's nearly impossible for me to get a steady girlfriend! :)

• That's a really interesting question, I have never ever heard that before.

But I think it always depends on the individual as everyone is different. So it could be true in some cases but not true in others.

• That's not true. Though some girls are really insecure if their significant other is better good looking ,though it doesn't matter much in the long term.

• I don't see the good looking guys having any trouble in their dating lives. Some women might think that way, but not most of them.