Did I do the right thing?

Well truth is I like my ex a lot but have been working on loving myself and realizing that I don't in fact need her to be happy, that I can be happy with myself, but I like being happy with her just as well, and if I do pursue her it will be for me and how I feel about me not her, well anyway I wrote down crap I did and didn't like realized the pros outweighed the cons, so I opted to continue my quest but to continue being optimistic about my life and that even if things don't work out again I will find love again and I am a great person and that maybe the reason everything fell to shambles was my own doing by giving her the pain of dealing with my feelings since I couldn't do it myself or w/e and that turned her off, well w/e the reason thing is we're broken up that's reality but I am not desperate for her as I once was now I just realize that I like her for other reasons than just not being alone which I didn't want to be the only reason, I realized I could love again, but I still wanted to love her, so yeah, well anyway Friday I got into an argument with a mutual friend who had did the same thing, at first it was just me stressing my feelings on the issue that it's pitiful how people string people along and all that well then I got down to it and remembered my stance and said "but I know it isn't your fault, it was his because he let himself become unattractive to you" but she didn't read that part and immediately called my ex, seeking guidance, told her I was doing this and she doesn't know what to do, and then so my ex called me and said "Stop acting like that, it's your opinion and blah blah blah" and I felt like I regained my self control and pride when I said "Look don't call here and tell me what to do, I'm not going to stop for you, you don't have a hold over me, and its not just an opinion" and the conversation ended with her saying "uh huh uh huh" like so immaturely, so I basically am feeling melancholy about the whole thing, I don't know if what I did was right, especially considering I want to get back with her, but it angered me that she felt she had such control over me that her simply wishing me to stop, after she was consulted with "what do I do?" would solve it all, I got p*ssed that she thought she had much control, and I basically felt like me doing that showed her she didn't have control, which I think was one of the things that killed the initial attraction, basically acting like a man, well anyway I'm having a tough time if what I did was wrong or if it was right? Please help me

Most Helpful Girl

• i think you're on the right track. youve done a great job of getting your act together and you were tested and passed the test. you didn't give into her even tho you feel you could be happy with her now. you stood your ground, knowing you're fine without her. I agree that its unattractive for a man to act desperate and back down from confrontations. if you get back together with her you want it to be on your terms with the new you or it will never work.

• That makes me feel swell, I think this is the best thing I've done for myself literally, changing to love myself, I feel so much better, have a great day and thanks again

• Wow, thank you. I truly hope it all works out in the end but you and I know you're going to be fine either way. better than fine... happy, fulfilled, optimistic, self-respecting and assertive. =)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0