What is he thinking when he looks at other women?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 7 months now. He's a great guy and I like him a lot. But one thing really throws me off.

It just seems like if there's another pretty girl around, he just can't help but stare at her. We'll be mid-conversation and a pretty girl will walk by and it's like he forgets what we were talking about. It seems like he doesn't even realize he's doing it either.

Sure it's not like he's cheating on me. But it makes me feel kind of stupid and it's annoying. I feel like I'm not good enough, pretty enough or something. And I'm not ugly! I take care of myself. But of course, there are lots of beautiful women out there :) I appreciate beauty. I have beautiful friends.

But I can't help but wonder if he secretly wishes he can be with these other women? Is that why guys stare?

It's not so much about loyalty. It's more like... if you want to be with other women, go for it. If you're truly happy with me, show it and be happy with me as I am.

But don't be with me and then make me feel stupid or wish you were with someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• "But it makes me feel kind of stupid and it's annoying. I feel like I'm not good enough, pretty enough or something"

Nice.

"But I can't help but wonder if he secretly wishes he can be with these other women? Is that why guys stare?"

He does. Isn't it what women want, among other things, in their Men? I mean, they want their Men to be sexual Men, right? Well, all Men are sexual. All Men are like that (TM).

"But don't be with me and then make me feel stupid or wish you were with someone else."

This is every women's mistake when it comes to Men. We Men look around because it's the natural thing to do, we can't help it. And this behavior is very unlikely to change in the near future. But one thing is the DESIRE and other is ACTING on the desire. See, just because we find many women sexually arousing, that doesn't mean we LOVE them. Women sleep with the Men they love (I'd love to believe, at least), Men don't express love with sex. We express love with COMMITMENT. Don't feel stupid because a Man who desires other women don't go for them and instead decides to stay with you. You should feel fortunate because that Man probably loves you.

• Women want their men to be sexual toward them. They don't want them to notice other women. They want them to notice only them. And why do you capitalize "Men"? It's not a proper noun.

• yah that sounds like a super reasonable answer. if you're the type of guy that plays video games and watches p*rn all day, I'm sure that philosophy works for you.

• Women in relationships look at other Men because it's normal. However, women do not look at ANY Man, they look only at those with high socio-sexual value. The opportunistic nature of women makes them have their radar always on in case a better Man comes around. This is not wrong, this just is.

What Guys Said 4

• when he looks at another car than his does that mean he'll buy it?

• The same thing when you look at other men.

• I don't really look at other men. I can honestly say I don't secretly wish I could be with anyone else.

• Damn I wish I could be with them all. lol.

• Of course, sex would what comes across his mind.

What Girls Said 0