How much checking out can really get in just a glance?

I keep catching girls at my work very obviously looking at me as they walk right in front of me, but they look away immediately as soon as I look back at them, or they may walk by and act like they're looking in a different direction, yet I can see them looking at me out of the corner of their eye, especially some girls that I know are very shy. So I'm just wondering, ladies in particular, how much of a guy can you really see in just a glance? Can you really take in all that much in just a glance or the corner of your eye?

What Girls Said 1

• I take more than one glance. It's just that if you keep turning your head to look back at me, they get interrupted so I have to do my checking out in spurts. I can't take in as much as I want to though

What Guys Said 1

• They really can't see him wholly but just a quick glance at him is enough to make their hearts race.