Would it be okay to return a pair of heels to Aldo in a box from other Aldo shoes?

I bought a pair of heels from Aldo and threw out the box. A month later I bought another pair of heels from them, after finding that the first pair was a wee bit too tight and not good for keeping.

I was shocked to hear that I wouldn't be able to return the 1st pair that was too small because they only accept returns with the box.

I'm wondering if anyone knows or thinks it would be possible to return the first pair in the box from the 2nd pair.

Will the tags from a differnt shoe on the box pose a problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have your receipt and come with a sob story. They should accept it. Most retailers will budge on situations like that just to provide good customer service

What Guys Said 3

• Yes.

Im sure they scan them in with the bar code when they are shipped back to them.

And then theyll notice the shoes don't match.

Im not sure what they will do at that point. But I don't expect they will give you your money back.

• As long as you have the receipt, they'll overlook it.

• Why not just sell them on Ebay or something?

What Girls Said 2

• I have a friend who works at Aldo and she told me that their return policy states that you need to return the item in its original packaging, so I don't think using a different box would work :( it wouldn't hurt to try though

• yea I think I'll try anyhow, peel off the sticker and say that's how I got the box haha.

• I agree - wouldn't hurt to try!

How about pics of the heels -- now you've got us (me) all curious! :))

• They will have different bar codes! They will know what you did!

• not like what I did was bad, I didn't steal them or anything, just was unaware the box was required to return them. hopefully as long as they get a box and the receipt, they'll be able to overlook it.

• It's not bad. I've done worse :P

Just be prepared when they scan it and it doesn't match the receipt. Play dumb. That's what I do. "Oh, I brought the wrong box?! OH NO! I must have recycled the wrong one!'