Why are hot guys nicer than ugly ones?

I've been noticing that good looking and average looking guys tend to have better personalities than unattractive guys. A lot of the ugly guys I've met are a**holes, rude, or not all that friendly compared to the better looking guys. Now that's not to say that ALL cute and average guys are nice and ALL ugly guys are mean, but overall I've noticed this a lot. Why do you think this is?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because they've been with a lot of girls and they have more confident in their social skills.

What Guys Said 3

• There are many factors, hard to judge.

Could be because they lack the attention they need in childhood, minimal moral support and constant teasing by bullies. Hide themselves in the gaming world could also have an effect.

Constant isolation could turn a person into that.

I guess average looking guys tend to be more confident because no one judges them during initial encounter.

• You treat the world, the way it treats you.

The world is a lot nicer to good looking people.

• I've had people be a lot less nice to me after I got better looking.

• That's because when you got better looking, you still associate with people who were below your level on physical attraction.

People hang out with other people who are on their level of physical appearances

If you're the only pretty person in a group of lesser pretty people, they will chastise you out jealousy.

• because in middle school and high school we are taught to judge almost 100% based on looks. Getting treated badly in your early years molds their personality into that

What Girls Said 3

• I don't necessarily think that's true but I can see an unattractive guy OR girl becoming bitter and resentful towards women/men after a lot of rejection. In fact I see it on this board often.

• I have not found it to be that way at all. I'm on the nerdy side of the spectrum and was bullied by the average to good looking guys throughout my time in school, which sucked. I found solace with my group of friends who consisted of most of the "unattractive" guys, who went through the same sh*t that I did. Now, even if it's unjustified, I find myself being a bit cold toward better looking people...which might be what you're experiencing.

• You treat the world the way it treats you.

But you know what else I've noticed? Why are all the alpha males a**holes?