Girls, what do you look for in a guy?

Girls, what do you look for in a guy?

Guys, what do you think girls look for in guys?

• Wealth
  • Status/Power
  • Virtue, Morality, Conduct, Politeness
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I picked C. Respect is a big deal for me so I want a guy who's respectful to himself and others, which comes along with politeness. I do want a guy who has strong morals and will strongly stand by them. I also like when guys are driven and passionate about something, aren't self centered and cares for others. Kindness, intelligence, generosity, open mindedness and understanding are also important to me. And I love a guy who can get me talking and make me laugh.

Oh and patience is important. Many people just give up on me because I'm so quiet. Only those few stick around so I can open up to them.

What Girls Said 12

• Smart, funny, Christian, educated, confident, honest, and a decent guy. And yes, I would like him to have a good job and a good income. It'd be nice if I could be a stay at home mom for at least a few years after having children.

These might seem like a lot of standards, but I date to marry, and these are the things I don't believe I can compromise on. Things like good looks and status are nice, but they're not as important in the long run.

• Good answer. I also would intend for marriage. And I also have high standards, but I think high standards are good and worth it. Of course, it's important for your significant other to have the same religion, right?

• Of course! I dated an atheist last year and that's what made me realize I need to have that in common with a guy.

• Yeah. I would have to find a Buddhist, vegetarian, and someone who understood communication (to some extent). But I would also be fine with a simple kind person.

I would need to find someone from the same culture too (most likely), because it's important for the person to understand critical thinking, morality, virtue, etc.

• Of course Option C! :)

My parents have been married for 34 years now and happiness, loyalty, and love were their keys to their marriage. They didn't say anything about wealth, status, and power. As long as trust, humor, and love is around, it'll last. :)

• Yes, yes, and yes. :)

• Yeah I remember we kinda joined the same day here on GAG! I wanna be a moderator too, but sadly I just don't have enough time for GAG because of my busy schedule. :\ But I'll be sticking around though. :) Just droppin by and answering a few questions or short polls. Congratulations again, Confucius16! Supermod awaits ;D

• Unfortunately, I'm not a moderator anymore. Maybe I was a little outspoken, or I removed too many comments/answers. I have a sense of justice, so maybe I did overdo it? I don't know. They haven't told me why yet.

• Lot's of guys/girls go for looks&fortune.. For me I go for a guy who can make me laugh,hold up a good conversation, every time I see them I get butterflies.. They have to be nice&a good personality and honest. Or at least have some of those qualities. I also do have to have attraction towards the guy.. They don't have to be the most attractive or best looking, I just have to feel attracted in a certain way.

• Of those, I would say C. But honestly the most important thing is for him to have a dynamic, fun, outgoing personality. I like someone who is quirky and weird and maybe a little awkward but not afraid to be himself.

• The one that stimulates me best! My mind, my heart and my body.

Mentally, emotionally & physically.

One that satisfies those 3 things beats all other.. wealth, status, power whatever~

• Imo with most girls this is the right answer...those emotions have to be stimulated in order for there to be ANY attraction.

The confusing part for us guys is that each girl's emotions drive differently . :-P

• Of course! That's the key thing, to figure it out... :P

Imagine, if we were all the same, we'd all be stimulated by any guy.

• my boyfriend is very thoughtful, considerate and polite. it shows he was raised well. I was drawn to that. then I realized how attractive he is.

• C is a must for me. I am capable of earning my own keep so I don't need rich guy. Status and power are r temporary so I am not keen.

• all of the above... but hey, if you're going to make a list like that, you kind of missed physically attractive and nice voice :P

• I was thinking about it, but I wasn't aware. I think that I was thinking more along the lines of less physical characteristics, and more other characteristics.

• definitely C. he has to have morals/ethics. money can do some ugly things to people.

• D. For some reason I am attracted to guys guy who close the door behind them. A, B, C and irrelevant. Intelligence matters.

• D is other. Guys who close the door behind them would be polite, so wouldn't that be C?

• Actually, if someone forgets, it doesn't mean that he or she doesn't care.

Opening doors is courteous. And it is good to close the door after yourself. That's just the right thing to do.

• Oh but that's not my issue. It just annoys me when I have to tell everything twice. My ex was like that, he tends to forget important details. Those people are rare, I know, but worth the wait :)

• Mutual attraction, shared intelligence and similar humor.

• Wealth and status/power is the same thing

What Guys Said 4

• 1) Looks. Girls are just as superficial as guys.

2) Wealth. Wealth and status go hand and hand anymore, so putting those as separate answers is redundant. Women love to show off, and putting a rich guy on their arm is just another form of show-woman-ship.

3) A nice guy. Yes, nice guys finish last and being nice is last on the list. Surprise, surprise. Guys don't spend dozens of hours a week busting their asses at the gym, years in school getting a good education, and don the most uncomfortable dress shoes known to man just because its the cool thing to do. We do it because we're expected to and its a requirement for finding a good mate.

• A nice guy is not the right "nice" if he's weak. A nice guy must be kind, etc., but he must also be assertive and not weak.

• Nice, QA. I'm relieved you understand the Nice Guy argument.

• Nice guys with power, status, wealth, and good genes do NOT finish last.

Nice guys who thinks "nice" will get them a girlfriend finishes last.

• Prominent chin and brow ridge, defined cheekbones, square and chiseled jawline, broad forehead, facial symmetry, height and broad shoulders. On top of this he needs to understand basic social conventions, have reasonable hygiene, and if over the age of 23, a decent income.

Beyond this it becomes very subjective and depends on the individual girl, they often have completely opposite preferences. For example, some girls will like very muscular guys others will like skinny guys, some will like 'nice guys' others will like 'jerks'.

It makes me chuckle that no girl has voted A yet, if you look at this diagram which shows the amount of messages men receive on the dating site okcupid against their income and age you'll see how important wealth is. Its hardly worth listening to women on this subject, either they don't know what attracts them or they are incapable of being honest about it. link

• It is funny that no woman has voted wealth yet. I think many women want a man to have income, but that doesn't mean they're after only wealth. I think it's also likely that the people on girlsaskguys are here mainly for giving advice and asking questions, so if people are willing to work on their relationships, they're less likely to be the ones that are after only money.

• You forgot physical attractiveness in this poll, dude :-P

• Oh. I forgot that. Of course in hindsight, I can "forget" all other options. But I guess I was looking for something besides physical attractiveness, I don't know.

But could you give more details? Otherwise you're not really answering the question.

• Women desire: Biochemcial cocktails & Resources