Do you ever just feel ugly?

Whether its just that time if the month feeling or a bad day...I mean, where you can't stand how your skin looks, face is shaped/looks, your hair won't style the way you want it to or whatever -_-

And it doesn't help that my boyfriend has told me I'm not beautiful LOL (which is true, but it still burned a bit)

What do you do then?...

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally, I am pretty content with myself but I have my "ugly" days.

Sometimes I just can't stand the dark circles under my eyes (It doesn't help the fact that my skin is pale because it makes them stand out more) or my FREAKING short legs (I am 5'2) or my boring flat hair. But hey, everyone's got insecurities. Sometimes we just have to suck it up.

We can improve our appearance to some degree, but we can't "modify" everything. We just have to do the best with what we've got. I've learned to accept myself, that's why most of the time I feel pretty good when I look myself in the mirror.

What Guys Said 11

• Somehow I maintain the illusion that I'm the most desirable man on earth. It's a great way to live and I highly recommend it.

• There are days when I feel uglier than I am. I see myself in the mirror every morning and night. There are days when my hair looks screwed up, lips not smooth, and muscles look small. Most of those feelings go away by themselves or after I do something about them.

• of course not, I'm one hawt ass hunk (hunk of what I'm not really sure) ;)

• Every day that passes and no one shows any interest, H*** yeah... Which is every day, last I checked.

• Yes there are days I look in the mirror and think "ewwwww" and other days I look in the mirror and thinks "ewwwww" but see tons of potential lmao

I guess both are bad but one is bittersweet haha

That wasn't nice of your boyfriend to say...

• lol that's pretty rough of him. No, I don't get like that.

• Yes. More often than not...

• you are not beautiful when the most renown model magazines have your face in their cover, but when you have reached a level of sincere and utmost selfless love where you don't anymore seek the beauty in youself but the others find it in your heart.

• what um, what? our perception of beauty is too superficial who can look at a supermodel and an elder woman and look beyond the flesh dress? very few people. and also beauty comes from inside. there are (in general social perception) ugly people that have a heart that embraces everyone. if there is a god upthere he would judge with radically different criteria than us...

• Not too often. But after a hard day's work, and I'm exhausted and sweaty, then no doubt about it.

• That never happened to me. I'm quite confident that I'm attractive so that those kind of things won't bother me.

• Yes I do. Speacially when I have break outs which I'll get still going into my mid twenties and hate it. It seem like an unwinable battle when the break outs start and new pimples come much faster then they go away. My skin produces way to much oil then it needs so I use products that dry your skin, ance face washes tend to work best and my skin still produces more oil then it needs. I hate my skin... -__-

• I'm sorry

I do want to add though, the last thing oily skin needs is to be dried out. When you use drying products, it sends the message to your oil glands that your skin needs more moisture. It then goes into overdrive, producing excess sebum

• Ahh, its okay. My mother has the same issue and still does and she is in her 50's. I just find aggressive acne products that tend to try skin work more effective because they work on the bacteria. But in all honesty that wasn't too nice of your boyfriend, because even if he likes you for your personality, that can bring out the true beauty in people and make them more attractive on the outside. May sound lame and like a fairy tale, but I think its true.

• he was just being honest is all, no harm done

What Girls Said 11

• Yeah, I have those days too. My hair especially is sometimes a nightmare. I just try to find something I like, or it helps a little to remember the times I thought I looked really good, or maybe a compliment someone gave me. Off days still suck though. I notice that if I stare in a mirror for too long I only find more faults, so maybe ignoring it and focusing on something else is better.

• Sometimes when I just get off work and my face is all oily from the day. Yuck

• Those are days I just stand in front of the mirror and criticize myself. Then after 15 minutes I forget about it and stop looking at myself.

• I have those days quite a lot.

I just try not to think about it. Absorb myself in the day.

I'll normally put some make up, wear some clothes I feel comfortable in (normally nothing too tight), and I will normally watch what I eat (I do anyway, but I'll go crazy about it)

I will have a day where I feel nice, so don't cry about it!

• Yeah, definitely. Sometimes when I'm just looking feral, or I've had a sh*tty day, or a bender of a weekend, I just feel terrible.

Generally, once I have a shower, put on some makeup and run a brush through my hair - I feel better.

• Yeah I have those days.but they don't out wiegh the days when I feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

• Always.

• I feel ugly when I'm by myself, if that makes sense (and/or around my mother, I'm not pretty enough to go out in public with her).. My thoughts take over and they get very dark.

Dude, if my boyfriend told me that I'm not beautiful.. I think I would burst into tears and break up. I understand that you think he's being 'honest' with you. BUT you have to be beautiful to your own boyfriend. As long as he's not exaggerating about your looks... UGH

• option A: dump him. accept your natural self and learn to love your natural self. keep a good attitude, and your natural grow will attract good energy from people screw how you look

option B: stay with him. get plastic surgery to make him happy..

• Yeah when it's that time of the month I don't really feel fabulous, or just a random day where I'm like "I wish I looked like that, or I wish I had this or that"...

I'm sorry but if your boyfriend tells you that you're not beautiful... that honestly doesn't sound like a nice boyfriend :S

• without any context behind that, your boyfriend sounds like a d*** lol.

and yes I feel just plain ugly sometimes. ALWAYS when it's that time of the month..ugh...but yeah usually when I am having those days I try to make myself feel better by dressing extra cute, doing my hair nice, putting on some makeup