Is there such a thing as "feeling" somebody likes you by the way they smile or looks at you?

I've been talking to this girl recently. Usually we would just tease each other to death but recently we just got into talking to each other ( while still teasing). The way she looks at me now is different, directly into my eyes with a big smile on her face, she giggles and today we were having so much fun and she reached over and it was obvious she was going to touch my hand but stopped short and laid her hand on the table.

We kept "arguing" about something really meaningless (it was playful) and she pretended to be mad at me and when I asked to stop being like that, she just kept smiling and turning away.

I really like her and I get a vibe that she likes me, but I don't want to make a fool of myself. Do any of the signs she gave indicate even mild interest?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup.

But don't ask her if she likes you or something.. ask her if she wants to hang out (don't call it a date! She might freak out)

What Girls Said 2

• Well, congrats! You're half way into mastering the ability all women have: noticing when someone likes you. It's just that weird thing you just said: we just feel it by the way the person talks to us either they are attracted, or even interested at all. And yes, if she really does that and you are not daydreaming it, she likes you.

If in doubt, ask someone who was/is around if they see the same thing.

• She definitely likes you. Give her a real compliment, treat her like lady and if she reacts well, ask her out.

What Guys Said 2

• We often know someone likes us BEFORE they know they like us. There is such a thing as a certain magnetism between people that others can often see before the two people involved can detect it.

• It's quite clear that she's giving you the indications that she really does like you.