Don't have perfect skin - turn off?

So I struggled with acne for a couple years, not afraid to admit because it has made me a stronger person. It has gotten better within the last 2 years and yes, I've done everything for it and own absolutely everything to treat it. It's hormones and genetics in my case. My makeup covers it pretty damn well which I'm thankful for, but obviously it's still a bit noticeable. (and no, the makeup is NOT the case for my acne in my case). It's weird because I still get approached by guys and such and it makes me feel weird because all I'm thinking is "do you NOT see my skin isn't so perfect o_O" lol. What's people's opinions on this? Thanks xoxo :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have perfect skin? Pfft. So? Few do. Nearly everyone's had acne. Nearly everyone has scars. Stretchmarks are also insanely common. This is pretty much fact. The fact that you still get approached should tell you something. It says that it's not as important as you seem to have thought it was.

Do they not see your imperfections? Oh, I'm pretty sure they do. At least some of them. But it probably doesn't matter. In other cases, I'm pretty sure some of these imperfections you mentioned are mostly just obvious to you, alone. After all, it's your skin. You're going to see it more often. You're going to spend more time in it. You're going to know how it feels, and know as close to the complete history as anyone else, so yeah, sure, of course, this kinda crap will obviously be more obvious to YOU.

I'll tell you this, though, I don't sweat the small stuff. You're actually quite beautiful, and I'm willing to bet on some level you know it. You seem to have a good shape about you, you have a pretty face, and you have a nice smile. I'm pretty sure your skin will not detract a guy like me. Clearly, it doesn't stop other guys. So as I've basically been saying, maybe it's not as high a standard as you thought. Don't feel weird. Be flattered.

What Guys Said 16

• It's your insecurity, not ours. If I saw you walking down the street I'd definitely would talk to you. You're beautiful. People see it differently. I think it all depends on the paper. No one is perfect and perfect skin like anything else is in the eye of the beholder. Some people consider freckles as a blemish where as I see freckles as attractive. You're really pretty don't doubt yourself.

• Why thanks hun, that's so sweet of you :) I think freckles are so cute as well! Take care xoxo

• Lets face it, people with perfect skin is extremely rare, practically non existent. We all have our flaws. Its what makes us unique and different. You're a beautiful young lady and its quite natural for guys to be drawn to you by that fact alone.

In regard to your acne issues. We often tend to be our own worst critic. While you may look in the mirror and not find yourself that appealing because of it, you will find the perspective will change when there's a different set of eyes taking in the view.

Personally, I think you worry too much about a problem that you will eventually outgrow. Once your hormones balance and your body regulation becomes more stable, it is most likely that your acne problem will disappear or at the very least be very minimal.

You need to stop feeling weird about compliments and embrace the fact that others find you attractive. Not everyone is blessed to have people feel that way about them. You don't have to believe me, but the proof backing my claim could be as close as the next question away where someone is ranting on about how the opposite gender doesn't look at, talk to or approach them at all.

• You here girl, need to watch this video!

Go to YouTube, and search for "Dove Real Beauty Sketches". I can't post link, because I am not level 4... >.>

Humans are not wire to see all the details around the world. Our eyes is not a camera nor does our brain is program to scan every particles we see. If you try drawing a tree, you will see what I mean. Recalling those information is rather hard. At best, people might describe a tree as brown and green, but only a few trained eyes will say, there are moles, ants, spiders, light green, yellow, white, etc.

If we can't even recall the things we see everyday of our life, we will certainly not notice all the imperfection on other people's skin. Unless of course, it is dominating.

I believe people are too accustom in hearing that looks are everything, "Impression first". To me those are false logic, there is a reason why there are quotes like "Words are cheap", because everyone can flatter one another. Or "Appearance can be deceiving", a wolf in sheep skin is not a sheep.

All the media tries to tell you is that you are not good enough. I rarely watch TV or shopping for that matter. So I have no issues about thinking how I would look. I like to look nice and classy, but not essential.

• Yeaah I watched that video just yesterday actually! It's beautiful :)

And I love your logic behind all of this. It's true. I don't notice other peoples imperfections - just the general area of their face like eyes, mouth, nose, etc. I think others are like this too?

Thank you for your positive words and the video! :)

• I would say every human being has the same eyes, unless they are an extreme pessimist and just plain negative. But then again, we run away from those people naturally.

You are very welcome, it makes my day when I make someone else's day. :P

• Most of us don';t have perfect skin, and many have acne scars. I think you're too self-conscious about this. It's not like you're the only non-perfect person out there.

Be confident, project an attitude that you are as good as anyone else, if not better. Your heredity shouodn;t ,make you look down on yourself!

• "Don't have perfect..." So? You're human. Human beings are not perfect. Guys don't expect you to be.

• nobodies perfect so might as well get rid of that mind set

• yeeeeea...I don't think anyone has perfect skin. See those guys are approaching for reasons OTHER than the acne. So nothing to worry about! Acne is a way of life.

well I had acne back in high school (that puberty eh? lol)...unfortunately...I did not have makeup to cover anything :P

• It would have to be pretty bad to be a total turn off. I would be lying if I said that it means nothing to me, but I can only think of two girls off hand that have skin so bad that it turns me off. Both have terrible skin and look like they got blasted in the face by a shotgun.

All things considered, a little acne isn't going to put me off. There are far more important things than flawless skin.

• Wow, I really hope it gets better for them! It absolutely will. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel for them for sure :) Thanks for this xoxo

• no its not a turn off, but you're lucky that guys are so forgiving. If girl met a guy who was short, it would be an immediate deal breaker, but guys tend to let girls get away with most natural genetic issues

• No actually, not all girls. I'm 5'4 and I was into a guy who was 5'2 once. Because he was the sweetest, funniest, and most intelligent guy. He also had severe acne. Some of my superficial girlfriends obviously thought I was wasting my time, but I had the best time ever with him. Sadly, he moved away and it didn't work out. His height was never a deal breaker for me. So as you can see, not all girls are this way :)

• Not really. My skin isn't perfect either and I still struggle with acne.

• Aww I know how you feel :( But trust me, it looks good on guys in my opinion. Gives you the "rough" look haha. I'd choose a guy with acne over a guy with perfect skin any day! I wish you the best! xoxo

• Where have you been all my life?

• Hahaha! Awww. Trust me, I know lots of girls who have perfect skin and are dating guys with very severe acne. I seem to always go for the guys with not so perfect skin and there are even studies showing that some girls are attracted to that. Look it up! : )

• No one has perfect skin lol. Don't stress over it. If a guy truly likes you he won't focus on something so shallow and stupid. And if a guy does, then he's not worth a damn now is he?

• people often over think their own flaws/issues, while its not as noticeable to others around them. you need to view your overall beauty rather than focus on a single aspect.

• Yeah, you're right. We often spend so much time analyzing ourselves. I know I do. Thanks :)

• i have really bad acne, and honestly I don't think a girl with acne is bad at all. it happens to a lot of people and society in general knows this. don't let it bring you down :)

• Going by your pictures, you look better than just fine

• That acne will soon be gone. It's not a complete turn off at all.

• You're fine. Skin doesn't have to be perfect.

• Except yours! Look at that white perfect anon skin yummmmm lmao! Thank youu :)

• My skin on yours FTW.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't have perfect skin and I don't cover it up with makeup...and yet I seem to have secured a boyfriend so...it's obviously not a turn off for him. It was an insecurity for me for a while but then I was just like, hey, it's my skin, I wash it daily...it's just oily and I get breakouts regardless of whether or not I was it. So there it is. If you can't like me for who I am and what I really look like without the makeup, then we don't need to be friends.

And once I decided that was to be my mindset, my insecurities about it went away :)

• Um A. Because you're clearly effing gorgeous. B. People always tell me they 'love my perfect skin' but my skin is rarely perfect. Some days are just better than others. C. I don't know how guys are with girls (not that you seem to have an actual issue) but I've always overlooked acne in favor of good features. Underneath that acne, there's still a gorgeous face.

• You are gorgeous ok...and you are imperfectly perfect...and guys are not gonna make your acne a big issue if you don't, we all got flaws but we just gotta play the cards we have been hand by birth or whatever and play them well... Look I think my nose was not attractive but now I don't care I still don't like it but guys tell me they think my nose is really cute and attractive...so to you , you might think this acne is bad but to them it's not cause they are not just looking at that one feature about yourself, they look at the total package and honey your lucky to be beautiful and to pull off having bad acne and being attractive...if I were a man id be attracted to you :) and by the way your acne is not forever

• Nobody has perfect skin. Sure, some people have it better than others but nobody's skin is flawless all the time, not even people with great genetics and/or a lot of money to spend on high dollar acne treatments. Plus, good skin is a low priority quality. Unless your skin is horrendous, it's not likely that anyone would care.

• Your issue here is self confidence not your appearance. Guys are still approaching you, so therefore they find you attractive, your the one whos questioning that.

Eventually over time, you will gain more confidence in yourself and you'll stop questioning guys that come up to you.

• Love the first sentence. I admit, you're totally right.

Thank you, I really appreciate it :) xoxo

• Its OK, I had exactly the same complex. From time to time I still feel a bit self concious of my acne scars, but I realized that the only one they where affecting was me and not any of the guys who where asking me out.

• Try these: link link

If you think these are too expensive you can buy them on Amazon for cheaper, good luck!

• Surprisingly few people have perfect skin, particularly in their teens and early twenties. Your case must be mild if you can cover it up that easily, actually. I wouldn't worry about it much.

• I really don't think its that big of a deal, obviously clear skin looks better but I'm sure you're still very pretty. everyone has flaws

• if it´s you on that picture, you don´t need to worry about anything. You are beautiful and I´m sure you are a catch. I had acne in your age as well and it´s gone now.

• Till today I have little acne and blackheads...not as severe as it was when I was 20yrs ago..and I came to accept that my skin can never be perfect. So don't worry about it. If there are guys who approached you then you are fine.

• Awww glad it's gotten better for you hun :) & thanks ! By the way that puppy is toooo darn cute oh myyyy ^.^ Take care xoxo

• Of corse not. No one is prefect and flawless

It's fine