Guys: How do you cheer yourself up when you feel really bad?

Sometimes I just go out to a bookstore or downtown and the girls dismiss me. It is kinda depressing, to be honest. I just walk down the street and they just whip out their phone and put it up to their ear. Tonight this girl literally ran away when she noticed me looking at her. Jesus Christ...

What especially hurts is that I don't even say anything to them, so it's gotta be my appearance I guess. I used to think I was a good looking guy but now I'm starting to doubt myself. I've started to just wear headphones to somehow make myself feel better, like a "I wasn't going to talk to them anyway so it doesn't matter".

I'm kinda going crazy because I've never had a girlfriend or even any girl that has shown a strong interest in me. Maybe if I'm this old, I should get a strong reality check? I don't really know what to do, any other guy dealt with something like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Distract yourself - have fun, hang out with friends and schedule your days really busy until the feeling numbs and you can think straight again.

Usually takes about a week, through in the midst of it it feels terrible.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm starting to think that girls are a**holes. I wonder if I was an a**hole when I was younger... I probably was. The good news is that women grow out of this kind of behavior. I mean, I am still kind of an a**hole, but a much more benign a**hole. Like sometimes I will park my car all stupid and I don't even care, I won't pull out and fix it... that's the kind of a**hole I am. Sort of a Mini-Asshole, if you will.

Maybe there's your answer, though. If girls your own age are being a**holes, maybe you should consider a slightly higher age bracket. I don't mean you should go to the nearest nursing home and see what you can dig up over there, I mean... you know... Mrs Robinson, not Aunt Bee. You might actually really like that. It might keep you occupied for a while- and maybe by the time you are done doing that the girls your age will have gotten over themselves.

It's just a thought.

• By the time I'm done doing that, the girls my age WILL be Mrs. Robinson, lol...

• I don't think it'll take THAT long- and anyway, you'll still be the same age as your female peers. So they'll be older, and you'll be right there with them.

• I don't think girls will get over themselves until they're past their prime basically. So around late thirties/forties for sure, if not earlier. That means I've got another 10 years, whee

• I think of all the things that I should be happy about and sometimes I masturbate.

• music, work out, hang out with friends, play an xbox etc. Anything that keeps yourself really busy.

• I was feeing depressed today because I saw my ex who I still had feelings for has a new gf... this whole day I've been emotional because of it I needed something so I grabbed a bible... It just made me more depressed... then I went outside and just starred at the moon... that made me feel a little better, actually no because me and my ex used to do that... then I went on Facebook I looked at his new girlfriend friends and now I listening to one of her friends music.. its decent... I can't wait to go to sleep then wake up and play with my dog... she I the only one that makes me happy!

• Smoke weed like a stupid liberal :D

What Guys Said 8

• Most guys are invisible to most of the women, who compete for the attention of the guys with money.

Find yourself an old country girl, travel to another country, go to venues where such girls are to be found--not in malls or on the street iin general. Bookstores, cafes early in the mornng, book readings, small restaurants...

• Excersize, lift weights, clean yourself up (hair cuts, shave/trim) if you already aren't.

You can do things to improve your looks, and not just you, anyone can. If you want to feel better about yourself, do them.

Also, it may be in your head with those things happening. I didn't see them, so I don't know, just don't over think it.

• take a bath (even if you don't need to)

listen to some music

or go running

all good things for forgetting

whatever made you feel down ^.~

• Go out and have fun. Take your mind off the subject for a while. Do things you're good at. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Once you've rebuilt your self-confidence, go back out there.

• I was in same boat as you and didn't get my first girlfriend til I was almost 28 and she came after me so either ask women out or just wait and get lucky like I did but good luck

• don't worry about girls man they all just trouble anyway

• I take my AR-15 down to the range and target shoot.

• I would just play overnight and sleep all day. That's how I make my worries go away.