I have beard burn! It looks and feels bad! What do I do for it?

So after a make-out session with my boyfriend, I now have this little spot above my lip from beard burn. It's red and irritated. It looks bad... I hate having it there.

What do I do to get rid of it? I have used aloe vera and vaseline so far.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1st off HAHA 2ndly lol OK now that I got that outta my system id say try rubbing alcohol and tell your boyfriend grisly adams to shave his cactus patch

What Guys Said 1

• Try putting ice so that it will be rid off.

What Girls Said 5

• If you can get ahold of some, get you some Burt's Bees hand salve. It comes in a tin. Smear that on the spot before you go to bed and in the morning it will be visibly better and it will feel better too. The more you use it, the faster it will heal- I sh*t you not. This stuff is good for everything, I swear to god. Chapped lips? CURED OVERNIGHT. Rug burn? 2 days and done. Anything that can go wrong with your skin can be fixed by Burt's Bees. My mother had radiation burns from her cancer treatment. We got some crap from the doctor. You know what fixed it? BURTS BEES HAND SALVE. When my kid had a diaper rash- Burt's Bees. When incontinent old people get skin breakdowns, I slap that Burt's Bees on the spot and it's better than anything you can get by prescription.

Burt's Bee's Hand Salve. That sh*t WORKS. And they sell it damn near everywhere.

• Vaseline will do no good, it will seal in the heat from the friction and make the spot be there for longer, your best bet is to just leave it, let the air get to it and cool it down.

• vaseline is for minor scrapes and burns though?

• It's for moisturising, the petroleum in it acts as a sealant and will just lock in the heat to your skin causing more damage.

• No aloe!!! That dried me out so bad it turned really ugly and looked like a cold sore (attractive? No). Ironically it lasted longer than dating the guy I was seeing (waves fist). Three days of aloe did major damage but Vaseline got it like 2/3 better in 2 hours. Plus it blocks makeup you put on from drying it out. I think aloe alone would probably help but my guess is the preservatives irritate your delicate skin around the lips, plus they say if it has anything in it to numb the pain (ie benzocaine) it will irritate that skin.

Now if only Vaseline would also introduce me to a nice guy it'd be my new best friend!

• Maybe put some ointment on it and put concealor on it to cover it up until it heals so no one can see it.

• Try ice