How can I deal with this?

After many years I have finally realized that I have a borderline eating disorder. I guess I've know it for years but I've never really wanted to admit it. But I'm really scared now there are days where ill go without eating just water and many some candy The scary thing is that I don't miss the food I don't feel the hunger pains. It's not that I I'm think I'm fat I'm actually happy with how I look but there are days where just looking at food makes me nauseous it could be my favorite food in the world but just one bite makes me feel like throwing up or I'll just get full looking at the plate. At first I would just skip breakfast but its gotten to the point where days will pass without me touching a plate of food .I don't know what to do I've told my mother but she just brushed it off and won't take it seriously I seriously don't know what to do please can someone help me I've tried to eat more often but I just can't stomach the food and I'm really scared how can I deal with issue by myself ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm suspecting your liver is weak so you're not detoxifying well enough. That will make you more sensitive to toxin odors in food or that environment (cigarette smoke, car exhaust). You'll have to give it the raw material to rebuild it. Avoid all excitotoxins (MSG, aspartame, saccharine) as they number your sense of taste and make it impossible to tell what your body wants you to eat. Treat emotional and other dyscomfort symptoms first before eating (depression, pain, etc). Start with some N-acetyl cystine and weak vitamin C solution to start your liver working better. Drink water with or without electrolytes. If your body is tired, sleep, feels like it needs air open a window, breathe and walk around, thirsty, sleep. Give it whatever it tells you too. Read a good book that covers superfoods like Joel Furhaman's Eat for Health and go shopping (clean chicken liver, kale, fish oil, etc). You'll need to eat dilute portions, dilute liquids and small portions. Pause when eating and eat what has the greatest appetite. Avoid saturated fat, trans fat, and olive oil. Nuts are good superfoods-they have a lot of minerals. Seeds and whole grains have a chemical called phytate that sticks to minerals so avoid them or never eat them with minerals. The best person to see is an integrative MD with experience in nutrition. Hard to tell you everything in a paragraph. As you get stronger food will taste better. Allow yourself to eat, it's the only way to get better. With all the environmental toxins fat is your body's way to reduce the toxin load, it dissolves in the fat so it won't hurt you. Don't let other people dictate what you look like. It's better to feel good and be a little chubby than a dead skinny corpse. Don't eat a lot of grains and starch in general. You want a nice low insulin diet with plenty of fiber. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Have you been to a doctor? You might have some vitamin imbalance or hormone problem that can be easily managed, if not cured, with change in diet or supplements.

Why sufffer and have all this anxiety when you can very quickly find out IF you have a physical problem?

I doubt it's a mental problem, since you aren't obsessive about being fat or anything like that. But the doctor can also assess the likelihood of that problem as well.

• A) Skipping breakfast is bad. It is, hands down, the most important meal of the day. Eat it, even if you have to have someone force feed it to you.

B) Fears don't magically go away by talking about them. You have to face them. If food makes you nauseous, suck it up and eat it. You don't have to stuff your face, but taking a few bites will at least help you get out of the habit of starving yourself.

• Go see a doctor, immediately. You cannot deal with it yourself. Get help.

• You should force yourself to eat even if you're not up to it. Take medications.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you still having periods? If you are then your body fat hasn't plummeted to alarming proportions- that's good. (Though female athletes have very low body fat, too- but I'm assuming you aren't one because if you were you wouldn't be able to perform very well since you are not eating for days at a time.)

How's your hair? Is it brittle? Falling out? What about your fingers- are they a bluish color? How much weight have you lost and in how much time? Did you start this no-eating thing to lose weight on purpose or did it just sort of happen? How long has this been going on?

I'm gonna go ahead and say that if you can't manage this yourself, you at least need to go in for a check up. You need bloodwork done. You could be anemic, your electrolytes could be off, you could have a compromised immune system... you should be looked at. Do you have any symptoms of malnutrition? Bleeding/swollen gums? Tooth decay? Really, REALLY dry skin? A swollen, distended stomach? What does your tongue look like? Is it a normal color or a bright red? Mouth sores? What about your heartbeat, is it irregular? Any muscle weakness? Fainting or dizziness? How about your mental functions? How are your reaction times, do you think? Can you concentrate? Are you covered in fuzzy hair?

All those things are signs of anorexia nervosa. If you have ANY of those signs, you need to be seen- period. Here's a link to diagnosis criteria for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and unspecified eating disorder: link . If your parents can't/won't get you help, you can go to someone at your school and they can help you or at least send you in the right direction. There is also your local health department. You can not be denied medical care because you are a minor. Even if you aren't showing physical signs yet, if you continue on like you have been, you will. You will become vitamin deficient and malnourished, and you will get very sick.

What is going on in your life? Are you stressed out? Can you sleep? When WAS the last time you had a physical? It's possible that this isn't an eating disorder- your thyroid could be out of whack, you could have diabetes, you could have an underactive pituitary, you could have generalized anxiety or depression, I mean, you could have anything from Lyme Disease to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome... what other symptoms do you have? A blood test with all the bells and whistles can rule out all kind of possible underlying causes. The longer you go without eating, the longer you can go without eating and the less you can eat. But if it's not psychological, then there has to be a physical cause.

This is kind of a big deal I hope you will either be able to manage this yourself or that you will go and find help.

• okay I was a severe anorexic from November 2012 to January 2013... so for a pretty long time! I need you to listen to me... YOU NEED TO EAT! trust me being a borderline anorexic is not something you want.. I cried myself to sleep at night because of how I hate how I look! you lose everything from your boobs to curves it is not worth it! recovery is so much harder because you have to learn to eat! I had to start with baby food to regain my tastebuds back! please please listen to me! I will help you! I do not want to you to go through what I did! I wish I had somebody to warn me about this when I was going through it! just please listen to me! you need to eat! even if it is 200 calories! please do this!

• Please see a doctor right away. They can run some simple tests to see if you have some kind of hormone imbalance, organ or other deficiency that might be causing the problem.

I would also seek counseling to see if there are any mental or emotional issues that may be causing this. Conditions like depression or anxiety disorder can make a person not eat well. Even stress (though clearly not a disorder in itself) can make a person not eat well.

You probably don't feel the hunger pains since your body got used to not eating as much. Again, a doctor can give you advice on how to incorporate a healthy diet back into your life. In the meantime, you just have to eat. If seeing plates of food turn you off, then you can try drinking your calories, such as with juice, milk, coconut water, or better yet, a nutrition drink like Ensure. It's also worthwhile to eat bite-sized foods like sun-flower seeds, nuts or berries, even if initially you feel like throwing up.