Guys, would a touch make you go silent?

So there's this guy I like and I decided to show him my feelings a bit by means of touching his arm. As he started complaining about one of our teammates, I touched his arm for a few seconds, looked into his eyes and smiled. For some reason he just stopped talking and looked back into my eyes as if he was shocked that I was touching his arm...

Didn't he appreciate my touch? Because after that he started touching and teasing me a bit more than before... did he understand what I was trying to say (that I like him)?

What Guys Said 1

• No. It's just a touch. Perhaps, it's a form of "punishment" that when he begins teasing someone, his parents would touch him and he knows what will happen later.

What Girls Said 1

• he was probably shocked, and trying to figure you out. But I'm very affected by touches. When people touch my hair, my hand, actually any bare section of my body, I am instantly relaxed, and soothed, and put into a calming mood. so maybe he was too!