Guys: Would you go out with a girl who looked like a teenager?

I have the dreaded baby face. Sure that sounds great when your 60, but when you're 23 and still getting carded at are rated movies or bars, it gets a little embarrassing. Not to mention, what normal guy would be attracted to someone who looked like a kid? Anytime I meet a guy I like, we hit it off, then suddenly he'll say something like "you're so adorable, you remind me of my little sister" or "Wow you're 23? I thought you were 12!"

Would you go out with a girl who looked like a teenager?

And what could I do to look more mature? Does hair or clothes matter? Also, I don't really wear makeup. Just concealer sometimes when I get dark circles under my eyes. Should I start?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if this is going to help you coming from a girl's perspective, but I'll try.

I always thought I looked younger than I actually was, too. Though I guess I always appeared to be older to people (like when I was 15-16, everyone thought I was at least 18), I really think makeup was the key thing making me look older. I had the body of a 12-year-old for the longest time in middle and high school, and got told so by some guys.

Luckily, my body and face have both changed since then and are only getting better, so I'll say this: it takes time but you will get there. Makeup can do wonders, so I would give it a whirl if you're comfortable enough to try it out. There's several how-to's and tutorials online that you can look up that are for specific face shapes and features (close-set eyes, thin mouth, etc.) Clothes don't really matter, as long as you're not wearing those baby-doll tops that were big a few years ago because those tend to make a girl look much younger. Of course if you dress more maturely, you're going to come off as being older. Hair matters as long as you're sporting a style and color that flatter your face shape and tone (for example, short hair and blond hair have the tendency to make me look chubbier than I really am: no thank you.).

And don't sweat the comments some of those guys are making. I once had a boyfriend that made fun of my boobs all the time, and it took a toll on my self-esteem. Despite having "childlike" features, I managed to get boys in high school because everyone is attracted to different features and things. The guy I'm with today sometimes gets told he looks like a kid when he gets a haircut, so I'd say I don't have much to worry about these days :-) Hahaha.

• Thank you for the time you took to write this and for the advice about the makeup. Really appreciate it :)

By the way, your old boyfriend sounds like a total douche.

• I had low self-esteem to begin with. I had a lot going on in my life that caused depression, mostly with my family and often I felt like he was the only person in my life that could help me get away from it all. Story of my life lol.

• Awww sweetie! I'm sorry I brought it up! You're looking at Miss No Self-Esteem of America right here lol. The trick is to not associate yourself with people who bring you further down. I don't know what kind of family issues you have, but I always felt like I was born into the wrong family since we constantly fought. Then when you get older, you stop putting yourself through all of that and drop all the people who don't put the effort to care about you. Best thing I've ever done.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't mind as long as she's honest about her age, but at the same time it would definitely help to "look your age" to avoid any awkward stares from other people when you and a man are together. Makeup is unnecessary, but how you treat your hair and what kind of clothes you wear definitely have an impact. Even more so is how you carry yourself, i.e. do you act all giggly like a child, or do you walk with pride like a mature woman (of your age).

• The thing that bothers me is I have no idea what is it that makes me look so young. I definitely don't do that giggly school girl thing you're talking about. I have dark curly hair and very light skin. Could that make someone look younger?

• Just telling me that you have dark curly hair and very light skin isn't really saying much lol. You'd have to show a photo, not that I'm asking or anything... In the end, I wouldn't worry about it. Like what the other guys said here, as long as you're honest about your age, we wouldn't mind if you looked young. And that youthful look is definitely something to be proud of.

• Sorry lol. I was just talking to my sister the other day who is 19 and I noticed she bleached her hair and got a tan and now looks years older. I thought maybe that might be the source of my problem (or just hoping lol).

Thanks for all of your input by the way. When a girl has insecurities (especially when it's something she thinks turns guys off), it's unbelievable helpful when a guy gives his opinion or advice.

• As long as she was legal, I would still date her. In fact I would consider a baby face on a woman more of an asset more than a liability. Getting carded is no big deal, I was getting carded until I was well into my 30's. Accept it as a compliment and embrace your youthful appearance while you still have it, because once it goes, you will be wishing you still had it.

• They're just teasing you. Looking young has never been a turn off for guys. As long as you are legal, and you know how to blow them... lol

Seriously though, as long as you're sufficiently good looking, and the personality is good enough as well (you have a 23 years old mind), we don't give a dman about the rest.

• Yeah I would. I'm a baby face too so I understand

• LOL. I'm a baby-faced 21 year old guy. So the answer is yes. We could be baby faced together lol.

• We'd look like a teenage couple forever lol.

What Girls Said 1

• I know it's a pain when your young. I got asked for id for cigarettes in the UK at THIRTY. I was real embarrassed I had got two kids and all. But now I am 41 and I still look so much younger and it's bloody wicked!