How long do you have to wait after getting dumped before looking again?

I know this is a generic question, and there are multiple different ways you can answer it. You're meant to only look again after you have moved on, or you will be going onto the rebound, and that's not nice on the person you are going out to date. So my question really is, what is the earliest you would expect someone to begin their search again?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to wait until you're no longer longing for your ex. When another person can completely distract you from thinking about your ex, then I think it's time to start looking again. For me, it's about 3 months, but that can last up to 2 years if your ex broke up with you against your will or if you got cheated on.

• I was with this girl for a year and a half exactly, found out she had lost feelings for me around the year and 3 month mark, but kept me around so she could use me for sex. Then one day she figured she was bored of me, so she dumped me and hasn't said anything since. Life's a bitch, don't think I will truly get over this one for a while.

What Girls Said 3

• I've only had one boyfriend that I truly loved. We dated on and off in middle school then it continued to high school (3 years total). I didn't text him for a full year because I tried to get over him and I felt not talking to him/texting would help. We've started texting and that was 3-4 months ago. Turns out, I'm still not over him. I don't think one can truly move on from someone they've given their heart to. However, I dated someone after about a year, it was a short 2-3 month thing that was mainly lust so I'd advise waiting too long then not enough.

• 1 week. However, every time I got dumped, I just focus on being more successful. I know it is hard but usually I just got so hyperfocus on my career and then my ex just come back. I just give the boot and keep going.

• when you feel if you need her back

What Guys Said 2

• When you no longer think of your ex, and ou are perfectly happy on your own, then I would say your ready. If you still fb stalk your ex, have pics around the place, think of her every now again then no you are not ready and emotionally stable. Hope this helps

• A day would do.