How can I stop wanting guys to look at my body?

People do compliment my body quite a lot, but it's mostly girls so it's kind of disappointing that I don't get that much attention from guys even though girls think I look nice. Some guys have looked and complimented me but older men seem to look (sometimes they're even in their 30s and 40s lol) more than guys my age. I wish guys my age looked at me more, and when they do I kind of appreciate it. This may sound bad but once I was hugging one of my guy friends who's really flirty, and he reached down and squeezed my bum and said 'that's quite a handful there' and I felt quite flattered that he noticed. When I wear things (not revealing but nice) I hope that they will notice me and think I have a nice figure. I don't want to be an attention seeking kind of girl though. How can I stop wanting them to look?

Most Helpful Girl

• well there's a line between enjoying the attentions of men and NEEDING it to feel good about yourself. There's nothing wrong with the first part but the later is simply low self esteem/self worth and that is something you can work on by accepting who you are as a person and loving yourself the way you are and not needing others opinions to boost your self esteem.

What Guys Said 5

• Why? What's wrong with wanting to be desired and admired by the opposite sex? It sounds perfectly natural to me.

• Well, I just don't want to be one of those desperate girls who needs attention from guys to feel good about themseleves. I want to be the kind of girl who's just being myself and not caring so much but guys still look anyway without me even trying to get them to (if that makes sense) xx

• Well, it is natural for you to want and like this, Girls have a lot of pressure put on them about his kind of stuff and I feel its wrong, its natural for you girls to like it just as much as us guys do, you have sexual urges and fantasies just like us guys and there is nothing wrong with that at all. If you like it you like it. There is nothing wrong with liking it when a guy looks at you, it probably feels good for you and maybe even turns you on a little and there is nothing wrong with that. As for the guy grabbing your ass there is nothing wrong with you being flattered or even really turned on, It probably felt so good for you. But I would advice you to be careful. I don't think you can stop wanting it because thats fighting nature.

• "How can I stop wanting them to look?"

Get fat.

• Nope. That's more like "how can I stop GETTING them to look"...

• Oh, yes. My apologies. Well, that's a tough question. I guess it's like a guy asking "how can I stop wanting sex?". Maybe associating the feeling/thoughts with a painful stimulus. Like Pavlov's dog, you know, classical conditioning.

• Every girl loves attention. You can't change habits.

• There's nothing wrong with wanting attention

What Girls Said 2

• There's no reason for you to feel like you need to stop this, it's okay to enjoy compliments from the other sex.

• Stop going to male gynecologists!