Do kids these days look back towards the past decade fondly like others do for the other decades?

Like I look back at the nineties quite fondly, the music, the movies, the video games, and just the general atmosphere, and yet I know my older siblings look back at the 80's that way too and my parents do it to the 60's too.

But are kids looking back in this past decade 2000-2009 fondly? or was it a pretty forgettable decade?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say they probably are. I mean, I'm around your age and I'll look back at music and games from the early 2000's with a happy nostalgia. I just see a certain "quality," whether it's there or not, in the tunes compared to music today (think Nelly's old stuff from 2005 and older ( link ) versus "Just a Dream" ( link ).

What Girls Said 7

• Actually, kids these days who grew up in the 2000's kinda dislike it of course they like it better than stuff now, but a lot of people I know are always going on about how they would rather live in the 80's or 90's. I would say late 90's and early 2000's we liked but then everything just kept getting crappier and crappier, I mean Jersey Shore Really?

• Im nostalgic all the time. It consists of a lot of people and events that are now gone or impossible to see/do..

• i do but the past is the past my life was hard,sad and bad when I was a kid in Africa. my family allmost broke apart a and my mom doesn't know her real parent they died when she was young in a war. she was an orphan but when she was one year old my fake grandpa and grandma took her and take care of her. Man Africa is sad mybe me and my boy friend will go there.

• Probably.

• It was one of the best times ever to be growing up, up until the economic crisis blew up that is.

• 2000-2009 was a pretty forgettable decade

• I think its too soon for them to really be that nostalgic. I mean back in 2003 I really didn't have an opinion on the 90s. I didn't miss the things from then, because things hadn't changed all that much. Will they look back on that time fondly or not? I don't know, but I think they'll probably need a few more years for the nostalgia to develop, if it does.

What Guys Said 3

• Of course they do. Most people reminisce they're childhood and the time period. It's what they were born into and they don't really know what it was before that time and the time after doesn't feel as fond.

• i remember in the 90s when kids played kickball in the street outside and we went ballistic for the ice cream truck. I could go down the corner store and get ice cream for a nickel and a big fudge bar for a quarter.

Cartoons were the best. Hey Arnold and All THAT!. They don't make good shows like that anymore.

Nowadays everyone is afraid of each other.

• Yes, they do.