What are some things that you look for in a girlfriend besides looks? Please be specific. How high maintenance she is, how smart she is, how responsible, how well she cooks, how serious and goofy she is? What do you look for?
Most Helpful Guy
Besides looks, here let me make you a list :
- Smart enough to keep me on my toes, but not pretentiously smart
- High maintenance when we're together, but low when we're not. I love feeling that a girl really needs me when we're together in person, but when we're not I don't want to feel guilty for not texting every 5 minutes.
- Takes responsibility when she's wrong, but also doesn't mind letting me know when I'm stupid
- Don't really care how she cooks, I like to do the cooking
- Goofy? I'd rather she be funny, goofy sounds kind of cringey
- Doesn't mind trying new things
- Loves to cuddle ALOT, I think my number one hobby with girlfriends is cooking a huge bowl of spaghetti and cuddling up to watch a film
- Good at communicating, problems can't get solved if they're left in the dark
- Doesn't get over offended, I hate when people over think everything.
- Accepts my goals and ambitions, and doesn't want to stop me from doing things that I have set (I spend a lot of time at the gym, and my routine is fixed)
- Has her own social life and isn't solely dependent on me for company (not that I wouldn't mind being her one and only friend, just that isn't healthy)
- Quirky attitude
- Hygeine is like up there near no.1. Bad hygeine for me is an instant deal breaker
- Doesn't rush into commitment. I like to take things slow, so when a girl says "I love you", on the second date, it really is a massive turn off.
- Doesn't use sex to make me want to start a relationship. This is more recent, a lot of girls seem to rush into sex really early in the relationship so the guy gets hooked in, I guess this point is about having self pride.
I've probably forgotten a lot of stuff, but here's my unfinished list :P1