What do guys think about Girls who never wear shorts ?

I don't wear shorts in the hot weather, I always wear long pants and jeans all summer long. I'm not overweight and have nice legs, I just don't want to show them, because I will feel kind of naked and like in my underwear. My friends are always like OMG It's so hot out, Y R You wearing pants. All of my girlfriend wear short shorts everyday all summer long. Even my Mother wears short shorts all summer long too. She is always

nagging me to start wearing shorts. Last summer I started to feel kinda of weird because I'm just about the only female

wearing pants in the summer. Soon it will start getting hot out again.

Jarett. Ya that's what other people are saying too, that I must have something wrong with my legs I'm hiding, but I have nothing wrong my legs, I have nice legs. I don't understand why my friends & mom like wearing short shorts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well wear what you want, like others have said.

But maybe you have a nasty little hangup about short shorts? "Like in my underwear" so instead, how about longer shorts, board shorts, so on? Or skirts? (skirts are even worse for you, right?)

Your refusal to wear cooler clothing in hot weather is coming from somewhere inside you.

You say you have nice legs, but you also say you "don't want to show them" so something is up there. Maybe you just don't like to expose yourself at all? Again, that's your prerogative, but it might be a sign that your insecure or stressed out about something in your self image.

You say "I will feel kind of naked" when in fact you are NOT naked in shorts, so I'm thinking you have a mental hangup about your body somewhere in your little pysche. There's more to it than "I just don't wear shorts" because only YOU know the answer to "Why not?"

Another clue: "I don't understand why my friends & mom like wearing short shorts." See? It goes far beyond you thinking shorts are fine but not for you. You think there's something wrong with OTHER people wearing shorts as well. So you got a hang up, Jen. Maybe even beyond being "Shy" as your name suggests because regardless of your legs, you should NOT care what your friends like to wear. Right?

So something to think about. But wear what you want while thinking.

What Guys Said 8

• Shorts may give a guy something nice to look at, but to be honest, the fact that you choose to cover up makes it easier to respect you. I would find it perfectly normal for a girl to not ever wear shorts no matter how hot it got, because I'm the same way. Although with me its more because of a medical reason. I'm extremely sensitive to sunlight =/

• Well I remember in my junior year of high school wearing long sleeved shirts everyday during the summer because I had a few small moles on them, and I was self conscious about it. So I would wear light, but long sleeved shirts during the summer.

But people wear shorts because it's more comfortable. Why would you want to be more hot then you have to be. But be honest, are you trying to hide your legs? Obviously you don't have to wear shorts if you don't want. But there is a reason you're making yourself more uncomfortable then you have to be.

• I don't like shorts either (often - do have one pair). When I see a girl who doesn't wear shorts I think - she probably doesn't like shorts, dig.

• Are you sure you don't have a self esteem issue about your legs? If a girl always wore pants, I would assume she has legs that she doesn't like, or a birthmark, or something that she's hiding. There are really cute girl shorts that you can wear, that aren't underwear-ish. But I would definitely think that there are self esteem issues if I knew a girl that always wore pants.

• Um, thank you?

seriously, I think shorts, while in concept should work, just don't

• Walk your own path and damn anyone who doesn't like it.

• Don't worry about it it doesn't matter what other people think you worry too much about that guys don't care if you are wearing shorts or not you will look hot either way to them!

• Good for them, stay away from sleazy, trashy, childish style.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't wear shorts either. There's definitely a self-esteem issue, but I don't think I would wear shorts anyway.

For one, I'm always cold, so jeans in the summer work for me.

And, like you said, I feel naked in shorts.

Plus, I'm really fair and I burn even with sunblock...shorts are not my friend.

• I'm not a huge fan of shorts myself. I don't have anything to hide I just think they look funny on me. BUT in the end, if I'm burning up I will wear them! I have several pairs I got from J. Crew. They're really classy/preppy looking, but are still "trendy" and not so short like a lot of the ones I see at American Eagle and places like that. I think if you find the right style you'll get to love them.

Tell mom it's time to go on a shopping spree ;)

• You could try a knee skirt and gradually go into shorts. But, if you are comfortable in jeans,then don't listen to anyone else. Its what you want.

• I never wear shorts either
    And it's definitely not because I'm self consious.

My father alwas said it's sexier to leave it to the imagination. And he's right.

Nothing like dressing like a classy lady
    not a sleazy trashy childish style like someone else said.

I'm 26 years old I'm not walking around with my cheeks hanging out like the stupid teenagers and mid crisis women I see around me.

When it's too hot out even for pants tho I do love rocking long beautiful skirts. It's classy professional and makes me feel sexy.

Maybe it's because my parents were old school or maybe I'm just traditional, but I only wear shorts in my house with the door closed and my husband loves it, but everyone else doesn't need to see.