Why do guys act all interested but pull back and then act like they don't like you?

This guy was very much into me flirting like crazy with me, then when I reciprocated he pulled back? I don't get it, did he want me to ignore him?Also another guy wouldn't stop staring at me, then when I tried to give him eye contact he kept on looking away?! As though he was scared to look at me in the eye?Why do guys do this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Easy question, basically there are guys who try to work on there flirting skills by talking to any women just for practice, and sometimes people know how to dish it out but can't take it, I have flirted with a women before and they will ignore me and giggle alittle then they start flirting I don't know how to handle it sometimes lol so I can understand to a degree why he pulled back, but then again I'm also really bad at taking compliments to I kinda pretend they didn't say anything to inflate my ego...The whole keeping eye contact thing is tough and I'm that guy who will look away, I was taught that its impolite to stare so I have this reflex for turning my head when people notice I'm looking at them, everybody does it I'm sure... Keeping eye contact requires a lot of confidence and its something not all people are capable of unless trained to do soHoped that help'd

• If this happened again how to move forward? Especially if the guy is shy?

What Guys Said 6

• The first situation sounds like he is playing games with you. It looks like he wanted to play chase games.The second thing is something girls do to, but this isn't necessarily playing games. There are times when a guy sees a good looking girl but are too embarrassed to say anything so if that girl looks their way they get scared and look away. It's like a big sign over their head saying "I'm not looking at you!"

• My friend told me the second guy was staring at me for most of the night, which I found odd because when I went to look back at him, he looked away. So I ever got the feeling he liked me, even though my friend was adamant! But I also did see him check out other girls, so I kinda was turned off him by that too.If this happened again how to move forward? Especially if the guy is shy?

• Hes playing them games.Move on to the next guy.

• But why? wheres the logic in that? Like me or don't, not both :/

• he believes that by paying attention to you and then suddenly ignoring you will make you attracted to him more.It's called hot and cold: link

• Its done the complete opposite though, he's made me think he doesn't like me. The best thing is probably to move on, thanks.

• These are immature guys you're talking about.There is no need to waste time trying to understand their logic. They have none. MOVE ON.

• That seems true, thanks! Hard though when I kinda liked them :(

• The first guy likes the chase, not the catch. The second guy is just weird or terminally-shy. Either that or you had a piece ofr spinach in your teeth :)I'm guessing that you're pretty hot and they probably also think you're out of their league.

• Its a shame the second guy came up to me then walked away it was kinda sweet, but annoying because he couldn't follow through.

• Maybe he'll eventually work his way up to stammering out a "Hello" -- and he'll be self aware enough not to say "Nice t*ts" or something equally suave :)If you don't watch "Big Bang Theory", maybe you should - just to check out the nerdy-shy type :)

• Why do GIRLS act all interested but pull back and then act like they don't like you? ;)

• First, being friendly is often confused for flirting. A lot of people over think the small things... Second, flirting is a tactic to get to know someone and feel them out a little bit. Just because you flirt a little bit doesn't mean you're in love with the person. It means they might be somewhat attractive at first glance, let me get to know them a little bit. Then depending on how that first impression sinks in, maybe they don't seem all that interesting, there was no chemistry, they didn't seem interested in me, they had personality flaws that I just don't want to deal with or whatever might put a particular person off and then they move on to the next person and get to know them the same way. If you leave a first impression, maybe they come back for more, get your number, or ask you out for coffee. Flirting doesn't imply someone likes you, it implies you might have potential so let me see who she is...

• *good first impression

What Girls Said 1