Am I too ugly to have a girlfriend?

I've always been kinda insecure about my looks because I was bullied in junior high till 9th grade.Im 20 now and I got into weightlifting which kinda helped with confidence so I'm kinda better now. I'm Muslim and don't date but I've never had the guts to try to get into a relationship with another Muslim girl. I was getting to know a Muslim girl but it was through Facebook. Things kinda went a little down Because of lack of communication so it brought me down. But I'm seeing her soon so I think I can sort things out. We were high school classmates for a few yrs. Does this have to do with my looks? Am I ugly or something?

tinypic.com/r/df95w6/5

Please be 100% honest

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't say that! You are cute, I would date u... Just overcome your shyness flirt a bit more and you will have any girl you want

What Girls Said 19

• ok firstly its not to do with your looks. the way guys and girls fall in love most of the time is quite different. usually men are more instantly infatuated by a woman and really badly want her within the first month of knowing her. then after their infatuation wears off they either keep being with her because they like her or they stop seeing her. for a woman usually they don't understand why these guys they have barely known are so obsessed with them and it can be a turn off because those feelings that you are feeling towards her haven't quite developed at the same speed yet. women often fall in love with a mans character. his spirit, faithfulness, loyalty, dedication, passion, drive etc. those things as a woman gets to know a man become very appealing. she starts to fall for that regardless of how the man looks. that's why you hear so many women say I never thought I would fall for him but do you ever say men say that? or why you see so many attractive women with unattractive guys and you think how in the hell did he get her. so if you feel you lack in the looks department don't let that discourage you from meeting or being with someone you feel you have a connection with. because women are not as shallow as men and if you captivate her with your personality and great character traits. you will be able to find a girl.

• You look fine. Not exceptionally attractive (just to me, because you're not my type, but I know girls who'd go for you) but not unattractive. If your personality suited mine, I'd still date you.

Don't be so shy. Getting turned down isn't that bad (I've been turned down by every guy I've ever liked other than my current boyfriend :P ). If you're shy, think about how girls would feel, plus having society say that the men should do the asking. That's probably why you haven't been approached. Just chill out and when you meet this girl be yourself. It's way more about personality than looks, especially if you've already been talking online.

• No this has nothing to do with your looks. You're good looking. I think you're cute but you need to work on your confidence. I'm sure you're a great person. Try not to be so hard on yourself. :D

• you are not ugly...no such thing...she is probably just as shy as you are. Hey all relationships are work! When we decide to date , all of us are nervous and anxious...why? because it is human and we are all afraid of rejection! BE YOURSELF , TRUELY that's all you have to do and it will be fine.

• Your insecurity is a turn off. Have you ever heard fake it until you make it? I am a very sexy woman but I've always been insecure I say things like I'm so sexy today and most people have no idea I'm really insecure they think I have a big ego but it makes men flock to me. Women like to hear mens insecurities really we do but not from a guy whos always insecure the ones who seem like they have no reason to be that way because it shows he's human like us. The Muslim culture it has a lot of taboos I understand why you as well as thousands of young Muslim men have fear stepping out into the dating world you just have to set it aside and tell yourself you're sexy and a good man the more you tell yourself that the more you will believe it and the more others will to. Confidence is the key to women find it and you can take your pick of the ladies.

• No, you're not ugly

• You're not my type but you're not bad looking

• You're cute. Just get a haircut and a new wardrobe and you'll be fine :)

• No, no one is ever TOO ugly to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Most of your problems most likely stem from a lack of self confidene. Its all about the way you carry yourself

• No you aren't ugly but you need to have more confidence in yourself.

• Nope, I'd tap that :*

• You are what you think of yourself.

• I don't think your looks are going to matter cause one day their is going to be a woman who will love you for you.i'm not saying your ugly I'm just saying one day you'll find someone special and she's going to love you and your going to love her:)

• Are you kidding? I'd smash you. You just have no confidence and every girl is different

• The link didn't come up but I'm guessing its because you have confidence

• You aren't ugly, have confidence in yourself.

• you are actually really cute, but the fact you have to ask is a turn off.

• honestly your not my type lookwise but I don't thing your ugly.

• looks ain't much when it comes to getting a girl. its all about confidence. do things to build your confidence. when you come across a girl you like just be codfident, playful, flirty and funny and I bet in most cases you get the girl.

• I don't know, its like. I am actually very confident when talking to a girl. I'd always talk with confidence when I'm with the girl that I mentioned. She seemed to like it. But I don't feel like I'm good looking. I know that looks don't matter much so that's why I still speak to her with confidence. I don't know how to describe that kind of feeling lol

• well if your looks bother you that much then improve yourself. new clothes/hair cut, workout and so on. don't forget to make it clear that you like the girl whether its with words or actions. :)

• nope, it's not your looks, you're very cute.

and you have nice broad shoulders which is a huge turn on.

What Guys Said 5

• You are average-looking.

If you want to be better than average you are going to have to find out what girls are into physically: maybe try shaving more often (it looks like we have similar facial hair issues) and looking into some hairstyle changes.

• your average looking I swear

• you're average looking at the worst in my opinion

• you're not bad looking. I'd blow you.

• I would say you're moderately good looking. But even if you were ugly, with confidence you could get a girlfriend. But without confidence, any guy whether good looking or not would find it tough. You need to start fixing your lack of confidence.