Need some fashion help: should I go for conservative or self-expression?

I have an interview tomorrow for a sales/marketing position with a property management company. They don't seem to be conservative or super formal. I decided to wear a navy blue skirt suit. Should I wear the black pumps or my fave wine pumps (they are a dark purple/burgundy color)?

Most Helpful Girl

• For an interview with that awesome of a job, first impressions really count. But most of the time, it's not about what you wear (just about how appropriate your attire is).

I personally would go for your favorite wine pumps because it will give you some confidence and comfort that nothing will go wrong and confidence looks professional!

Make yourself stand out professionally, not just by your looks but what you say. (Don't forget to smile!)

If you're still sticking to the navy blue suit, that's great, just feel confident and don't let it make you look uptight, so something with a little sophistication (not to focused on business).

If I'm confusing you (I apologize), I'll make it easier.

I'd go for balance. Make loose at the top and tight at the bottom or vice versa.

Here:

link

Hope this helps! :D Feel free to comment or message me any concerns.

What Guys Said 4

• Propertymanagementmeans dealig with older, wealthier people, who tend to be conservative in clothing styles. I'd go for the black pumps with the suit. Look middle aged, if you can!

• Not always. It depends on where you work. This one is right by a college so I figure I'd get a lot of college kids or young families.

• For an interview conservative is always safe.

• Conservatism will work better.

• Self-expression.

What Girls Said 8

• Navy blue and black? Probably not a good idea. It's not like the other ones are fire engine red. Wear your wine pumps. They will look nice and they're shoes so as long as they're in a professional style, clean, don't have designs on them, and are not an outrageous color (which it doesn't seem like they are), they'll be good for your interview. Shoes aren't the most important thing anyway.

• Conservative with style. I don't think you should wear wine and navy together, it might be a weird combo. stick to black.

• You dress however they dress there if you want the job!

• The navy blue will clash with the wine pumps. Black is always classy and goes with everything.

• Black is more professional look

• cONSERVATIVE DURING THE INTERVIEW AND ONCE YOU GET THE JOB DO YOU

• black...

• conservative.