Guys, tattoos and piercings on a girl turn on or off?

Recently, I've been surprised by the complete 180 Miley Cyrus has done with her appearance. She used to look very girly, slightly innocent, and cleaned up. Now she is so edgy with tattoos and piercings. This goes the same for Rihanna. My friend said she wants to get a belly ring just to look sexy. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not against tattoos or body piercing as its freedom of expression for people who choose them. In terms of girlfriend material, its a big turn off. I really think female skin is very beautiful in its natural state and the ink from tattoos obviously distorts that, so while I don't see anything against it for the general public, I do find it a big turn off in terms of the women I date.

What Guys Said 8

• Piercings are OK .. tattoos I never found attractive. Not even small ones.. not even hidden ones. None !

I respect people and their choices .. what I am stating here is not a judgement on the person having a tattoo .. it is about my taste.

• I like belly rings but most tattoos on girls I find to be trashy. Which sucks for me because most girls down here are all inked up.

• certain piercings can be hot. for example belly button, ears, tongue (imagine a blow job) but others are just gross. Tattoos can be sexy too! but in moderation. I guess tats and piercings can be sexy if they are done tastefully

• turn off, tats will make you look trashy

• I don't really like tattoos in general. Some are OK but most look tacky. I only like ear and belly button rings on girls. I think belly rings on a girl are hot and they can definitely make a girl look sexy.

• I find all of it a turn off, it does not seem right , just be yourself.

• To me tattoos and piercings are a turn on

• Massive turn ON.

What Girls Said 4

• Well what you have to remember is that Miley was twelve when she first got recognition and , Rihanna was sixteen.

Rihanna is 25 and Miley is almost 21.

They are now young women.

No ones style stays the same as when they were a teen.

Also, has celebrities its their job to create an image for themselves that is catchy and appealing.

I think belly rings look sexy if the girl has a toned or flat stomach.

• Lol, Miley Cyrus looks ridiculously tacky. That hair is awful. Her long brown hair was so pretty.

It's not really the tattoos and piercings that make her look so tacky. It's her hair and her new wardrobe.

I think tattoos are very cheesy. Piercings can be cute, though. I have a few, and I get compliments on them all the time.

• Most do find it a turn off

• Most guys find it a turn off. No idea why.