I'm thinking about doing a makeover. Suggestions?

I'm thinking about doing a makeover... I want to start taking better care of my appearance.

Here's a picture of my current style.

link

Could you please give me some suggestions? I want to keep it general and see what you say... Thanks :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm, the style seems great and what I like about your look is that it gives a "bright mystery" appearance. You look down-to-earth, and approachable. By "bright mystery", I mean you seem to be giving off the message "Hey look at me, I'm young, clean, fun, smiling and simple", but details such as the necklace, the bracelet and the lace pattern (with a great contrast of the pink underneath) says "I'm much more than that. Get to know me. and (subtly saying) I got style, confidence, and I care about how I look.

I wouldn't want to change that, but if you really want to change your look...

I'd start small. Maybe with your hair to "tame the wild side" and go for elegance. So maybe straighten the top (roots/scalp area) and create a wave at the ends (keep it a bit toussled for a "wind" look. Like this: link

The tanned look will say that you've been to places (keep it natural--it's healthier too!) Your look kinda says casual even with the wind, so I'd go for loose. Try some dresses or white blouses for the summer and wear jeans less. It'll say "I'm free (to walk around) and I want to be comfortable anywhere". Accessories? Stick to what you have, but simpler. Add a small bag/purse and definitely some sunglasses. Wear some shorts and add some sandals for shoes/ simple flats and flip flops!

Shoes like: link

Boots are good, but it's not really as good, or functional in the summer.

And...

the best thing you could do? Experiment on your own! See a store maybe and take chances to try on the first things that caught your eye. You'll find yourself more knowledgeable about your style and find a new one on your own.

So, tell me what you think/ how it goes and have fun with it!

Hope this helps! :D

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• I think you look great, and I love your top! :D

• you could go straight and get a brazilian blowout,

• you look really nice, the only thing I would consider is maybe dying your hair a richer color to set off your ivory skin, it doesn't have to be that drammatic, just a richer brunette.

• You are gorgeous the way you are already

• I have no criticisms about your appearance.

• I think you should get a tan. You look a little too straight edge, get a more defined style, but that is something personal that will represent you, what are your interests?

• Thanks, the look I've been going for lately has been sort of a business-y conservative look, with hints of organic and socially conscious clothing. Before that I was doing a lot of sewing and I just don't have time for that anymore. I'm planning on doing a lot of traveling, so I want to have a more traveled look. I burn easily, I burned on this boat in the picture, but I'd like to try to get some color in my skin. Thanks so much, you bring up a lot of great points! :-)

• Do you have any suggestions for how to look less straight edge?