Why does my skin glow when I don't shower but look bad after I clean it?

After I take a shower and clean vigorously my face, I noticed my skin looks dried out, the spots become visible and overall just doesn't seem to look as good.

If I don't shower, my skin sort of has that glow to it, it looks uniform, spots aren't as visible and the texture seems smoother.

Why is that?

What about that Bio Life? Or Bio Oil stuff? I do have some scarring on my nose.

Most Helpful Girl

• you're washing your natural oils away. you need to moisturize, and don't wash so "vigorously"

• I'm a guy. How do I keep my natural oils? What is a good moisturizer?

• Bio oils would help, but oil also contributes to acne. what I use is moisturizer called "Morning Glow" from Clean & Clear.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• you can try to use a gentle cleanser like neutrogena, or clinique and then for moisturizer, there is a men's line in neutrogena, biotherm and others

• Yep, it's sebum which keeps your skin naurally moist. Hides some imperfections, make it like glowing etc. You may wanna try showering less often, and stop using shower gels that are dehydrating. I sometimes use moisturizer instead of shower gel. None of these products have been used very long, and back then, not as frequent. And as for smelling, it doesn't smell anything. It might be like sweat tho, smells when it comes in contact with bacteria.

• lol, no they don't smell bad. you don't really keep them, they just replenish on their own. I would probably put baby oil on after you shower, might get your skin 'glowing'

• it 'glows' because your natural oils that have previously dried out on your pores due to showering have come back

• So how do I keep these natural oils? And do they smell bad?

• bio oil will help with scars, yes

What Guys Said 0