What are the best style sandals for men?

Just wondering what you all consider a good style sandal for men to wear out in public settings like going out on a dinner date or other nice dressed casual settings?

Would love a link to any strong suggestions..

Thanks for your time :)

Well, I'm glad I asked and I thank you all for taking the time to answer...

I do wear river sandals while kayaking and canoeing, my wife seems to think my Teva river sandals look good enough to wear while out with her... But I don't want to be out looking like a dork, so I'll likely explore other types of shoes... I realize that while wearing sandals at the beach and even on a cruise that one's feet should be well cared for and this I do...

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally don't care whether anyone likes me in sandals or not... my feet aren't gross and I like wearing them.

They ARE casual wear- so unless you're hangin' in the tropics, you may wish to reconsider wearing them while on a date to a nice restaurant. Any other time... hey- knock yourself out.

Teva sandals are excellent, classy and durable. They last for many years, look cool and can be worn in any weather.. to the degree that they were originally made for river rafters- so tolerate getting soaking wet. Mine have always been extremely comfortable to wear- even after hours of use. They come in many styles.

Here's an example: link

What Girls Said 5

• i don't like sandals on men

• ew no, sandals on men is a big no no

• i don't like sandals on men,too.

• crocs...

• Sandals on men lack style. Men shouldn't wear sandals

What Guys Said 6

• I'd go with Keen's . They're sort of a hybrid, part sandal, part regular shoe.

• I really can't take a guy that wears sandals seriously. I mean, flip flops around the house or by the pool are one thing, but sandals?

I think the last time I wore sandals I was six...

• I think brown thong sandals are the best.

• Anything is fine, but I think colored white ones are the best.

• Well it really depends on where you are, if your in an environment that has water, people might look at your weird if your not wearing sandals, but if you going to a nice restaurant or a bar, not recommended.

I live in an environment that is hot as hell, so it is very common to see guys wearing sandals, I have tried many sandals and the best ones that I have worn, are Reef, or even Sperry, but Sperry can be expensive.

• none. no one wants to look at guys gross hobbit feet.

• That is a good point, if their feet are in fact ugly or nasty it is best to keep them covered...

I realize that there is no comparison to well kept female feet, but thought that there may be a style that may be appropriate...