Does the sun 'bleach' your hair?

will my darker hair naturally dye in the sun? is there any product that can make it go a few shades lighter or will the sun bleach it? thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on how long you've been in the sun and how susceptable your hair is to the sun. my hair always gets a few shades lighter in the summer, but I surf so I'm always in the sun. it just depends, I guess!

What Guys Said 1

• Blondes get lighter in the sun, yes. I'm not sure if it happens to brunettes or not.

What Girls Said 5

• I am sure everyone is different but my hair turns really light in the summer because I am out swimming everyday.

When Iw as little I had blodne hair and it's gotten a little darker, but in the summer it lightens back up.

My friend is a brunette and she comes to my house swimming in the summer and her hair never seems to get lighter.

• I have brown hair too but it lightens only a bit so it's nothing major. it would not bleach it. I've heard some people leave lemon juice in their hair and it works, but only for blonds tho. if I bleach my hair, I would just get highlights

• Nope, they only thing is Sun-In and I don't even know if they make that crap anymore. Anything like that you would put on your hair though will turn it ORANGE so stay away! If you want to lighten your hair safely go see a colorist and save the money it would take to fix any damage you do to yourself at home!

• I'm out in the sun quite a bit and it always get a little lighter as time goes on.

• yes, if you spend a lot of time in the sun, your hair will go lighter. My hair is dark and when I went to a really hot country (it was about 20 degrees) for about 4 weeks and my hair went much lighter!