When applying to graduate school, is it more meaningful to have research experience or teaching experience?

I'm required to complete two semesters of an internship in order to graduate in my program. I may also have opportunities to be an academic apprentice (basically a TA) and research assistant as an undergraduate. I realize both of these things look great when applying to graduate programs. I think it would be rough to pursue both at the same time while doing my internship, and even if I did each a separate semester, I'd have to take 18 credits for both of my last two semesters in school, and 18 sounds like too much for me to handle.

If I am only able to add one of these experiences to my resume while in school, which would look better?

What Guys Said 2

• I've generally heard of research experience being the big plus when it comes to applying for graduate school and/or work after getting your undergraduate degree. So I'd say that's probably the safer choice between the two -- and probably the more interesting one in my opinion -- but of course it's best to ask around school for more opinions before making that decision. =)

• RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. GO FOR THE RESEARCH.

What Girls Said 0