Feet hurt really bad at work

At work my feet constantly hurt. I work at an athletic store and actually sell shoes. I have good supporting shoes so I don't know why my feet are hurting so bad. They mainly hurt in the arch area and ball of my feet. I have to literally go into the bathroom and take my shoes off and rub them to help the slight swelling and pain. What is going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this exact problem a few weeks ago, but it's better now (yay!) so hopefully some tips will help you.

Ok, first of all, your shoes might not be broken in and if this is new job, you might not be quite used to being on your feet a ton. I know when I started my new job, I was definitely not used to being on my feet for 8 or so hours straight, and I came home with foot pain every night. But as I worked more and more, things gradually got better.

Get some insoles, nice cushy ones if your shoes are not already cushy. If your arch is hurting, get some insoles (I bought myself some Dr. Scholls massaging gel work insoles, I love them) with adequate arch support, or you can buy arch supports by themselves. You can also see if they have a foot mapping center nearby, you stand on it, it tells you about your feet and what you need for some extra comfort and support. You can then buy the insoles that they recommend, or just figure out what the benefits would be for those, what they would help you with, and get different ones (because those particular styles that are next to the machine are expensive).

See this website to find one!

link

Take some NSAIDs for the pain and inflammation and DO NOT keep taking your shoes off during the day and rubbing them. Once you free them from the shoes, it will be a pain in the butt to stuff your swollen feet back into them. In my experience, they hurt more after I do this, and also once you take them off you just want to leave them off and you can't. If you need to loosen up the laces a bit, do it. I found that loosening up my shoelaces on my break helped with my pain from the swelling.

When you get home, if they're swollen, ice them and elevate them. If they're not swollen, but just sore and achy, you can soak them in some hot water with some epsom salts, and that'll feel really soothing. I also liked putting Icy Hot on my feet, not right after soaking in hot water or icing though, and that helped me a lot. Some nights to make sure my feet weren't too hot of a temperature, I'd soak them, then wait until before bed, put on some Icy Hot, then some socks, and hop into bed. I elevated my feet in bed as well. Also, it couldn't hurt to do some stretches to help loosen up the muscles in your feet . Try some like these:

link

When you have a day off, try to rest those feet so you can go back to work refreshed!

If I think of anything else, I'll add it later. But hang in there! I was having the same problem every single day, so much pain I wanted to cry, but my feet are feeling good now. Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• I think you need a boyfriend with a foot fetish that will help

• try gell insoles

What Girls Said 2

• A couple things. You did not break the shoes in. You need special support for your arch if you have flat feet and you bought the wrong show for your body type. You are standing for too long and your weight puts too much pressure on your feet.

Go to a doctor about this problem. There are many factors why your feet could be hurting and I am not a doctor. I am merely a runner

• Out of all the possibilities you listed the weight on them could be the only factor. My shoes are broken in and I wear the correct type for my feet. I even tried to change it up and wear different types of insoles and it just made them worse in a different way if that makes sense. I can't go to the doctor so I am frustrated.

• I apologize about the doctor thing. I wish I could help. Maybe you should ask for a chair at work or tell your boss your problem. I'm sure they will understand

• I think you should go see a doctor.