Look at the beautiful moon..Comments?

Just thought Id let you science lovers look at the beautiful moon tonight. Its supposed to be the closest moon to earth :-)

Its not really a question, but feel free to comment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well technically its always the closest moon to earth because... you know, we only have one moon.

But yes, its something around 50,000km closer than its 'normal' orbiting distance if I remember correctly. It really is something to look at

What Guys Said 4

• The sun just set here so the moon should be up, but it's overcast. :(

The sky to the west looks like the clouds are breaking up so maybe it'll be clear later tonight. There aren't really any good places near where I live to watch stuff like this. Where I used to live we'd go up in the mountains to view astral events. There was an emergency air strip that had an agreement with the local astronomy club so they could use the air strip for star gazing. It was around 9000 ft elevation and had the trees cleared all around so it was pretty good viewing.

• I took this last night around midnight-ish pacific time: link

only had a 200mm lens to work with so it's not as clear and detailed as I like.

• Overcast here tonight :(

• It was cloudy tonight... dayum!

What Girls Said 5

• I'm gonna steal the mooooooon

• it was so close I thought it was the street light at first

• i know! it is gorgeous!

• i just saw it! thank you for asking this

• I thought this was last night?

It looked beautiful last night as well... so it'll be even closer today?