Guys, belly button rings are trashy?

Guys, I'm thinking about getting my belly button pierced. I wouldn't o it for attention from strangers. Instead it would be to feel sexy and wear something pretty and sparkly underneath my clothes, like lingerie, and be sexy for my man (when I get one lol).

My only concern is would it look trashy? I'm not the kind of girl to get a tramp stamp, and I am a relationship kind of girl, aka no hookups.

Also I'm not tatted up at all and only have my ears pierced. I know some guys have fetishes for girls with tattoos, but I'm not going for punky, hard look. Would a belly piercing make a guy have certain assumptions about me that aren't true?

• Yes, they are trashy.
  • They are not trashy.
  • It depends on your overall look (explain).
  • Neutral.
I should also add that I'm pale and soft/curvy but a small clothing size. So I don't have an athletic tummy, just the slight curved kind.
Clarification: I am not overweight. My stomach is just not perfectly flat. I'm 5'3" 120 lbs. I wear pastels and bright colors, and tasteful makeup/jewelry, alternating between natural/hippie and trendy.
I must confess that the thing attracting me to it is the sparkly/dangly princess-bellydancer thing about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think belly button rings are hot. Having said that, if there is too much going on (i.e. multiple tattoos and piercings) then the overall can look trashy, or unattractive to me at least. You say you only have your ears pierced and are not tatted up so I think a belly button ring would look fine. If you had tattoos and piercings all over your body then a belly button ring would look just make it look more trashy. There would be too much going on imo. But from the way you described yourself, you should be fine. I think a belly button ring would look sexy. I voted C.

• Out of curiosity, do you think girls like this look trashy: link link

• Omg there are guys like you!? I've always been a little uncomfy with my "pooch" and that makes me so happy. Thanks.

• You are welcome. P.S. you should keep your "pooch" :)

What Guys Said 12

• If a guy finds it trashy, he's not that guy for you. Everyone has preferences. Some guys love tattoos, some don't. Same would apply for a belly button ring. You could always take the ring out and no one would ever notice.

• I personally don't think you they're trashy btu like you said it depends on your overall look. I dated a girl with a belly button ring and I thought it was cute, but kind of like you overall she was rather simple.

• I said A because I generally don't like them but they are better than other percing options that are currently out there.

• it depends... it's a turn off on a person who is a little chubby.

• I actually prefer tramp stamps to belly button piercings, or piercings in general. I just don't find piercings all that attractive. Surely there are better ways to make yourself more appealing without poking holes in your appendages.

• Not trashy... they're hot.

• No no no...theyre really hot

• Its not trashy.

• no there not trashy piercing to have , but are sexy in the sense. a lot of girls have one so pretty normal to see them these days and I like them on girls if they have body

• they are not trashy, they are hot

• Eh, they basically say "I'm DTF." If you're okay with that...

• I don't find them hot, but definitely not trashy. It doesn't bother me at all.

What Girls Said 13

• Guys shouldn't make assumptions solely based on a belly piercing; if the rest of your look isn't trashy, you'll be fine. Some guys love them, some guys really don't. I had one for a very brief period of time, my boyfriend really didn't care for them at all. He got a little bugged when I got it done, reassured me that he thought it looked sexy on me, and when I finally took it out and let it close up, he was relieved lol. I think he just loved my stomach too much to let me put holes in it and try to decorate it, which is understandable.

• i actually want to get one lol, its good to know that their not seen as trashy by the majority=]

• It's about the overall look.

I think they can be

cute

alluring/sexy

skanky

just depends on that individual girl

• Fat chicks with them? Yes. Hell yes. Skinny girls/any size where it is socially acceptable to wear a bikini, it looks fine. As long as you don't let it get infected. Belly button rings are really pretty to me. I wanted to get one but I just hate needles and didn't want it getting infected.

• Belly button jewelry is pretty neat.

• It definitely depends on your overall look.

• I think they're trashy and need to stay in the 90's where they belong.

• Nope I think they are attractive and I have mine done

• I have one, and I'm not trashy.

• I think the fact that you're worried about it will keep you from looking trashy

• They're not trashy.

• i think they are trashy, in every way

• No it wouldn't you go for it girl..I got one actually and I love it just don't get a tounge piercing tht it's trashy p.