How do I keep from "Looking Butch"

Im a female, and I like my hair short (almost boy short)…

I have been called Butch before… Yes I'm not a "girly girl" I don't mind lifting weights, playing in rain, mud and what not. Nor do I mind shooting a snot rocket, or hocking a loogie, obviously I wouldn't do either on a date or anything like that but I'm a runner it comes with the game. I don't plan to change who I am just maybe some things to avoid doing wearing or what not. Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Can I ask your overall frame/build?

First of all, while being called Butch may not be very sensitive, remember you're allowed to dress and style yourself and behave how you want.

But if you want to -not- seem 'butch', then you need to limit or offset masculine things.

If you have a more masculine frame, you can't change that, but be aware that's one masculine item right there. 5'0 95 lb women don't get called butch as often as bigger ones, all other things being equal. They can 'pull off' more 'boy' style without seeming like a man.

If you want to have a masculine haircut, you probably need to do more things to convey 'femininity' then you would otherwise. Wear body conscious clothing, add a touch of makeup -always- not just once in a while.

• 5'1" 113 lbs (give or take) Thanks a lot I'll try to wear make up more and wear more form fitting cloths!

What Guys Said 1

• You could try mixing dresses into your wardrobe. Snot rockets and Loogies I would discourage, not just to be femine but in general. Wearing clothes that show off your chest will also help. Also a lot of this is just self perception and reactions to a few peers. If your confident and tweek a few things astetically; then you'll be fine. Once again I think a good part of it would be you being awkward about it and Snot Rockets.

What Girls Said 5

• Going solely for not "looking" butch... Maybe add earrings, which make a statement with short hair. IF you get a nice pair of studs you can leave them in for days at a time and not worry about them. Find one or two super simply more girlie hair styles. If you don't wear makeup, again go super simple and add just mascara and blush or tinted moisturizer. I don't know how you dress but you could go to somewhere like forever and get 1-2 more girlie things to cycle in your wardrobe. The thing I like about forever 21 is the each room is a different "type" of girl so there are a lot of options style wise but they all look stylish and would keep you from looking 'butch'.

• Grow your hair out a bit

Wear girlier colors

Wear make-ujp

• dont dress like a guy, wear make up

• wear more feminine clothes or colors.

• Maybe make your little tweaks on what you wear to make them more girly, like throwing in a pretty scarf, or dainty earrings. I am also a tom boy, but I wear make up, no like clown make-up but a little lip gloss, mascara, a little blush. Also I will wear jeans and a t-shirt, but I will make sure the t-shirt shows my curves.