I'm too big for everyone

I'm 16 and a senior in high school, I wear a size 14 (in American eagle jeans) Everybody tells me that I don't look like I wear a size 14 (I look smaller) but no guy has ever asked me out. I also have a condition in my thyroid which causes me not too loose weight. I've been dieting for 4 months and nothings happening and I'm starting to feel bad about myself (like I almost want to be anorexic) please help me. And I'm tired of seeing all of my size 2 friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel your pain! I too have a thyroid issue (have since I was a child) and it's rough. I was the bigger girl in high school, about the same size as you. It was hard, because all my friends had bf's and I never got asked out.

The important thing to do is to take care of yourself. It can be hard to lose weight with a thyroid disorder, especially if it's getting worse. The best thing to do is to eat well, exercise and just keep healthy habits. Don't skip meals, try to be consistent with what you are doing.

There will be guys who find you attractive. Now that I am older, I find that guys are much more accepting. High school is rough, especially when you are suffering from something no one really understands (except other people who have it!). And it can be hard seeing your skinny friends and thinking why can't you be like that too.

The fact is, we are all made differently. Some of us are skinny and some of us aren't. You can try diet and exercise, keep working on it, because it will take a while to see results. But it's better to lose it slow than to lose it fast and then gain it back fast.

Even though I am bigger, I have been able to stay fairly healthy because I keep healthy habits. I eat well, I exercise regularly and I go to the doctor on a regular basis. I have a lot of skinny friends who I can walk and run circles around because they don't take care of themselves.

I would highly recommend doing a combination of exercises, if you aren't already. Do a combination of weight training, aerobic exercises and stretching. I do yoga, walking and weight training at the gym. And I find that it's helping.

What Guys Said 1

• Nothing Happens overnight...Everything has to happen by going thorugh a process...

Firstly have confidence and faith in yourself...Dont be sad for your size...I would say enjoy the way you are and live life to the fullest

Secondly try to be consistent with your regime ...4 months are not enough it takes years to reach your goalI was quite fat during my school days used to wear big jeans and people used to tease me .

But I enjoyed eating all those stuffs and was happy with what I was

Then when I was in my high school I got serious and started loosing fat by training for hours and when I was lean I started working hard to gain muscles it took loads of effort and today you can see the change

Every1 has the capacity to achieve the unachievable

well I'm an engineering student but I'm a fitness enthusiast I have trained people to achieve their gaol

and I would be happy to guide u,motivate you and track your goal

In case you need someone to be along your side to reach your goal you may add me

I would see to it that you look fabulous and fitter than ever ...Good Luck

What Girls Said 7

• You know I only got asked out twice during all my high school time and I'm wearing a size 2. it's hard in high school because most guys are new to this, insecure and don't really know what to do. It gets a bit better in college but truth is even gorgous women don't get asked out all the time

Your thyroid issue should be medicatable. I have one too, but the other way around, when I was a kid people used to tell me I looked like a Skeleton.

If you want to lose weight, that's a broad topic if you have any specific questions I could answer or at least give you some good links

• eat healthy,and work out. but do your research,don't just guess what's healthy,educate yourself on your condition and what foods you should and shouldn't eat,food,and exercise,and don't lie to yourself about what you eat and do. there is nothing more you should do,anorexia is a mental illness that can lead to death-you don't want it. be healthy,and know that you're doing everything you can,and exercise will make you feel better about yourself,it'll boost your confidence no matter your size.

• just try to work on your personality and confidence. I have a cousin that's bigger than you and has had like 6 boyfriends and she's my age. While I have never been in a relationship.

• be more confident and work a little bit harder.

• just be more confident, love yourself first

• diet and EXERCISE works best.

• Just try to do the best you can and remember YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Don't let everything in your high school bring you down. I know how hard it is too feel like your not wanted and I know it's frustrating seeing your friends get the guys and being a lot more skinny than you are. Trust me when I say this ..things get better over time. You just need to keep positive. A really good guy won't judge your size. A good guy can see woman's worth no matter what size she is if he loves her. The only thing standing in your way is letting people drag you down. Guys in high school can be asswholes and shallow, but they grow up (least most do lol). Don't let anyone make you feel your undeserving or unworthy. Be confident no matter what. Live your life and enjoy it, have fun. Don't let negativity bring you down or allow people to have control of your happiness and stop you from being happy.