How would you feel if your boyfriend or girlfriend started to copy your style?

for example: you have tattoos and she doesn't and wants to get some.

Most Helpful Guy

• She's welcome to walk around without a shirt if she wants to.

What Guys Said 17

• No problem with it, other than if you think it's a drastic change and you think it's just to make you happy. Like, a guy wanting to get a tattoo of your name after 3 months of dating is way too much too soon.

Now if it's a creepy kind of copying, like he's stalking you, and you ALWAYS wear the same types of shirts, or same designs, or same colors, then yes, it's weird. Otherwise, I would have no problem with it.

• I wouldn't mind. I dress very fashionable so if she did, we'd look pretty good together haha.

But as for tattoos, I do have some and I wouldn't want her to have one, if at all unless it was done tastefully and nothing too obvious. I know it's a bit ironic but I've never liked tattoos on most women, especially the women I go for.

• I've got a crew cut 40s style...who would like to cut her hair like this?

• I wouldn't mind it. I consider it a compliment saying that she likes your style. I also consider it a whole hell of a lot better than her trying to change the way I look.

• It sounds like she just wants you 2 to have more in common

• Wouldn't bother me at all to be honest. Most guys imo would feel the same.

• he likes you without the tattoos for a reason perhaps that you don't have tattoos. so don't do it unless you want it

• nothings because it wouldn't be your style to begin with. very few people are original

• I would love it, because my girlfriend is really punky. And im a country boy. It would make her look sooo much sexier

• That means they love you do much they are willing to change for you.

• not sure what the problem would be in it...

• i think that is why she likes you.

• I guess I probably wouldn't care. I'm not sure exactly what they would copy from me though

• i would be glad

• flattered

• Kinda lame but my x had no style at all so it would have been ok if she started to dress decently.

• however mirroring (copying) IS a sign of flirtation and liking someone. I just still find it weird if a guy dresses like a girlie girl

What Girls Said 14

• Sometimes people don't necessarily try to copy you, but if you hang out enough your personality rubs off on them a little.

I would ask , "are you sure you want to do this?"

• Well, it's natural that over time you will rub off on each other. But if he started copying things that didn't seem very "him" in the first place, I would ask him if he really did like those things or if he was doing them for me. Those types of things would be big, like changing his major or wearing lots of red nearly every day (though every boyfriend I've had since I started wearing red every day has purchased at least one new red thing to wear because he was with me, but that's not really a concern because I know they do it for me and it's usually just one shirt and I might get to see it once every week or two).

Things that wouldn't worry me would be things like watching the shows I like, reading the books I like, or wearing a wristwatch. Entertainment is usually shared in a relationship (hell, I read the entire Harry Potter series as a last-ditch effort to keep my high school boyfriend) and stuff like watches are convenient little style changes.

Basically, a small change of style isn't worrisome. It's when they change their entire outlook, style, or life for you that you should start to feel concerned.

• Well... I don't see what part of my style a boyfriend could copy... I mean I dress quite femininely. Lots of dresses... cute shoes.. jewelry. So truth be told, I would be totally freaked out if a boyfriend of mine rocked up in a dress, Guess handbag and a heart shaped necklace. So weirded out would be how I'd feel.

• It would be annoying if it were something other than your example, like copying everything I liked, my career choice, etc. It would show they were dependent on me (or maybe even trying to control me so they could twist it into "look what I did for you/because you thought it was a good idea"). I want my SO to be his own person, not my clone.

• When I started dating my boyfriend (we've been dating for 8 months) he noticed that I wore beanies a lot so he went and got one because he thought they looked good. And then I started wearing v-necks a lot, so now he loves wearing them. I think it's flattering and shows he likes my style. I think I "copy" him more in his mannerisms, like I catch on to the little things he says and does more than what he wears.

• I wouldn't like it.

• I would find it a tad odd, but wouldn't hold it against him. I might tell him if I get uncomfortable with it. However, if he started wearing dresses ,and red lipstick, I would have to kick him to the curve. If he wants a tattoo then I am fine with it. It's like if I can have one why can't he?

• With tattoos I'd have no problem. I mean why does anyone ever want to get a tattoo at first...when they see on they like on someone else. But when you say style, if my boyfriend started wearing dresses and tiny shorts I might be a bit worried lol

• i think it's ok

• Flattered

• Meh I'd feel flattered

• I wouldn't care.

• I would think that's stupid and if its something as major as a tattoo a major turn off becasue he might regret it afterwards.

• i would think its f***ing stupid and I would break up with him

• well you sure sound lovely

• why would you even want to be with somebody who can't be themselves, who tries to be like you?

• I think if a guy is dating a girlie girl, he would be ridiculed because he would then have to wear skirts and dresses. way back when, it was normal but its now seen as weird or gay etc...if a guy wanted to copy a girls style, she would have to be a tomboy (but since tomboys already dress like men, he wouldn't really have to change much, depending on what he wears)