How high is the precentage of women with high standards?

ive been told about 95% of women only want good looking perfect face guys .

is it more or less

i think its more because I only see girls in my uni with good looking guys only

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• I'm not going to lie...my standards are very high (I think). However, with every personality plus, my physical standards go down. Understand? So if a less than average dude with an incredible personality were to approach me, I'd be over the moon and say yes of course.

I think you "only seeing girls...with good looking guys" is a case of want what you can't have.

Of course...I managed to snag a 6'5 blond haired blue eyed competitive swimmer with broad shoulders and an eight pack. However, he's also extremely intelligent, has a great sense of humor, is completely kind, genuine, caring, and intuitive. So...suffice to say, I won :p

Every girl thinks her standards are high because she likes one particular kind of guy. And that particular guy is few and far between in number. So she denies everyone else.

• i wish I can get the courage for suicide one day

• @QA I wish I had the balls too commit suicide too women/girls have it 100% easier.

• We all want a partner who we find attractive in our eyes. This isn't rocket science. It's normal and I think majority of human beings feel this way. I've never heard of anyone who wanted to be with someone who they weren't physically attracted to. It plays a huge part in love. So yeah, if this means that 95% of women are looking for a partner whom they find physically attracted then so be it. Then I guess I'm part of that 95% who want someone I'm attracted to physically. But don't forget that it's the same with men as well. And remember, not all girls find the same kind of guy attractive. There's no such thing as a "perfect faced guy" that all girls are going to find handsome. Beauty is subjective and we all find different things beautiful. This is a part of human nature.

• I've found lately I do have certain 'looks' I *like* in a guy, but I, (honestly) don't care too much about what a guy looks like. No, see, I know I'm a good catch, so it's only emotional and spiritual/respectful rules that apply. The two... and a half... most important being, he must have a genuine relationship with God, date with the focus of getting married and in our relationship, save sex for marriage. When I list some of the 'must haves' some people would probably say its a bit steep. I'm not one who likes to force others to live up to unrealistic standards just because I feel like it. But I don't think it's unacceptable to hold out for a family guy who trusts God and wants to make a difference for Him. I'm saving myself for that guy and I'm working on becoming a woman he can be proud to call his wife. :)

• well you are different .

• thats beautiful, I totally agree:)

• @ Question Asker

Well thank-you :) I think I know where you're coming from with this question though. I was sidelined for most of my life & so it gave me a lot of time to think, which is why I have ideals like this. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend is great, but I've found out through the ones I've had, its so much better with close friends around when you have one :) Concentrate on that until she finds you ;)

• Well, women obviously do like their good looking guys. However, I know many that many women like to fund a guy that won't look better than her in photos. I know this sounds really wrong and arrogant but many women are like this.

Also, don't forget that appearance isn't anything, and there is always something in your appearance that stands out in a good way and draws others in ;)

So, I'm guessing your not one to judge a girl on her looks? So don't worry, there is a girl out there for you, who feels the same way :)

• i look terrible in photos and girls always look better than guys in photos . I hate being a guy .

Ya I'm sure big lips, ears and nose will draw a girl in

• uhmmm that's interesting, I would say most girls have that going on, I ain't one of em lol but thing is I haven't met many like me to the extent that I get quite fascinated every time I meet a girl who is like me haha.

id say its less than 95% but not by a lot, id give it 80-85%.. its quite sad really...

• I don't have a number to pitch at you, but I have to call bullsh*t on the theory. I see too many NOT "good looking perfect face guys" with average to good looking women on their arm for that to be true. If the demand has no supply, there's no market and the demands change.

• dating is not a market . women compete for the top guys , then the losers settle for the inferior non good looking guys

• ''95% of women only want good looking perfect face guys '' and yet there is a sh*tload of people out there,right now,working on overpopulating the planet. if we assume that there is such a thing as ''perfect'' in the eyes of 95% of women,how many guys do you think are in that category? are you a gender of 90% perfect people? is it just 5 really ''hard'' working guys?

• you misunderstood the question . 95% percent of women want good looking guys only

• everyone WANTS someone who is perfect for them,that doesn't mean they don't accept someone they fall in love with,or the best they can find

• Not sure of any specific statistics on this. What is wrong that women don't wanna be with a dud below her standars and there are men that have pre-reqs as well.

• not below , but they want a guy in to top 10

• Well that sounds like sub-standard if he isn't a top ten in whoever's opinion.

• Here's the thing... Define perfect face. I get told all the time that I have a "weird" taste. I'm dating what my friends seem to call a "British heart-throb" but they also said I dated interesting looking people who I thought were just good looking. So yeah everyone's definition of perfect or attractive is different.

• Way less than that

• I really don't care how he looks (just not hideous), as long he has a great heart (and maybe some brown, curly hair) :-)

• I'm not aware of the specific statistics, but I'm undoubtedly sure it's pretty high. Along with men too. Shallow society.

• but men have preferences, women have options (they can pick and choose)

• Ok, and women have"preferences" as too men do. But, they choose to overuse that using it as an excuse in a way. They try adhere to something that's so picture perfect, it's not even real. All the things women want in a man, they can't even attain themselves. That's why I'm so baffled by this "standards" thing. I think everyone should put in as well as take, equally in all aspects. Don't ask for something you can't even commit to either.

• less than that

• I am the 1%! lol but I'm single for life, cats are fine for me:)

• How is the percentage of boys with high standards?

• Not that high lol.

• At least have the guts to answer without going anonymous.

• Will you leave this site already?

• I don't know too many people with high standards. So its not 95%

• When did it become so popular to blame women for your own insecurities? All I see on GaG nowadays is guys whining about how girls only want hot or good looking guys. Well guess what, it's not true. Yeah, some girls want hot guys, but some don't think that highly of looks and actually want a guy with a good personality. WOW SHOCKING ISN'T IT WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT GASP GASP GASP ALL WOMEN AREN'T THE SAME HOLY COW THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION.

Get your head out of your own ass and suck it up. Whining about these false "facts" on the internet won't do sh*t for you. Working on that crappy confidence will.

• confidence isn't real

• i don't blame anyone outside the internet where I am anonymous , no one knows I do this . This is just a place to spew out my anger and loneliness for being a social failure during the day

• @thegirlwithgreeneyes OK first off calling someone a prick is an insult, Second I wasn't judging you just pointing out how women/girls say one thing and do the opposite the next, and third you don't even know what I look like but yet your judging me? Can you say hypocrite? And wtf is up with the women on here insulting guys and getting away with it? Pisses me off.

• i think everyone has hig standards but they just change

• women get desperate after the superior better looking guys reject them

• 95?! F***...if that were the case, nearly ever woman would be single.

Plus, looks are completely subjective. What I think is attractive and sexy isn't the same as what my girl friend thinks and vice versa.

• Exactly. I was going to say this too. Physical attractiveness is subjective, and that's a beautiful thing.

• most girls from what I've heard that have always been single has been by choice

• Well then you've been misinformed.

• I think it depends

I see hot girls with ugly guys

I see hot girls with hot guys

I see hot guys with ugly girls tooo

And with hot girls

It depends

• Good looking girls and guys usually date. If you're only noticing the hot girls, then yep ... the odds are that they're dating a hot guy.

But average girls date average guys, fat girls date fat guys, plain girls date plain guys, etc. For the most part, sociologists have found that people date people within their range of looks. That doesn't mean that those people are unhappy by any means.

EVERYONE wants a sexually attractive partner in a logical way. That's our biological instinct. Yet normal people, ugly people, people with diseases or disabilities, people who are old, people who are not fit and trim --- fall in love every day.

• fat girls here are only seen with good looking guys

• Interesting assement. I'm okish looken and managed to date 8s and 9s, heck my friend who is a tiny sucker, real skinny, married and has a child to a very cute gal. I think women are more forgiving in looks.

• If you are somewhere that there are very few women, MAYBE then fat chicks would be with good looking guys. Or else they are long-term and the woman put on some lb's after she had some kids and the guy is impatiently waiting for her to lose it.

• i would say 70 percent.

• still that's too high

• "I only see women with good looking guys only"

Your point? Women have a sex drive too pal. Why would we bang an ugly dude?

• what about fat or ugly women , they are usually found with good looking guys only

What Guys Said 13

• You could just as well say that "95% of stastics are made up..." like the statistic I just made up right now.

OK yes there are girls that are overly picky, but they'll tend to be single forever. Big deal. That's their problem.

As for them wanting "good looking perfect face" guys, guess what? There are jsut as many girls who would not go for them.

Thing is, narcissism is becoming bigger and bigger. So you can have a self centered girl who would want a good looking guy as a trophy. Then you could have a girl who sees a good looking guy and is turned off because she wants to be the good looking one in the relationship. So there can easily be just as many girls turned off by a good looking guy as there are turned on. It would vary with each girl based on who wants to be the submissive one in their relationship compared to the dominant one.

Also, define "good looking" as most people assume that good looking guys are the big muscular guys who work out all the time. I hear so many girls who are grossed out by big muscular builds. Everyone has a different version of good looking.

• I disagree with that. I think the standards of women is not much different than men. However, the features and traits they look at to gauge attractiveness are different. For example, men care more about weight than women do, but women care more about height.

• height and a whole list of things ... I'm 183 so height is not a concern

• I'm just saying, acting like guys don't have their fair share of shallowness is ignorant. I'll admit that I have realistic but yet still somewhat high standards in terms of looks. I'd be a hypocrite if I accused women of having to high of standards. It just depends on the person. The only thing I hold a grudge about is the height thing because I'm only 5'4 and I can't change my height. Iv'e had quite a few women verbatim turn me down because of my height when they otherwise would have dated me.

• How high is the percentage of men, oops I mean boys, on GAG who think women only want hot studs?

I'm getting so tired of all these frustrated chumps who think the only way to get a girl is to be a male model.

• it is true , I can't find one girl with an average- unattractive guy

• Then you must live it a very superficial city because it's not like that around here, or the world in general.

• lmao, you are gonna stay single forever.

Which uni do you go to, Moroniversity?

• I think the stigma the media bring gives off the impression that people only want attractive people. I.e Hollywood. I'm sure girls think the same about lads that we only want really attractive girls/women. obviously its not the be and end all because looks fade and that is a reality.

But I remember posting this a few weeks back, everyone is different when it comes to the taste they have. I think the people who stress over this really shouldn't let it phase them and if you're going after girls who have no interest in you then obviously this will affect your view point about them. But youve gotta remember we are all different. If everyone and the actual percentage was that high I can assure you hardly anyone would be dating because people's standards would never be met. I think its impossible to even put a perecentage on it.

• girls settle when they give up

• I don't get it, I really don't. do you work with any females?

• used to , can't work now

• @QA send me a Friend request just leave your name so I can know who you are.

• Tell that to the models who have been treated like crap,lol.

• i don't have any problem with high-standards, but unrealistic standards crack me up

if you're a bottom of the barrel, don't have sky-high standards for the other gender, it's just ridiculous

• You should look around more because girls rarely end up with a perfect face good looking guys even though looks will get there attention of course girls have standards as guys do but there is various reasons why a girl wouldn't be interested in guy so it's to complex to go through just be the best you can be that's the best advice I can give you.

• they don't end up but they hunt for them until they give up

• How high is the percentage of women who "say" they have high standards? Pretty high. I wouldn't say 90-95%, but I would definitely say "at least" 70%. It's an ego thing.

How high is the percentage of women who "actually have" high standards? Pretty low. How else do you think the human race survives for tens of thousands of years? I would say only about 15-20% of women actually have high standards.

Again, you can't ever look at what women "say" in order to figure out what the "truth" is. You have to look at the "choices" women "actually make" for themselves when it comes to men.

Also, that's not to say that a woman who doesn't have "high" standards, therefore, has "low" standards. It's not a dichotomy. It's not binary. It's not a true or false proposition. Most women have "normal" or "average" standards.

• they become desperate and try to settle for average men

• No. I wouldn't say women become "desperate" and that's why they try to "settle" for average men. Life is a bell curve. Think of each woman having a house for sale. Her asking price is $2,999,500. Her home is really worth just $495,000. If she doesn't quit asking for more than she's actually worth, she'll remain unsold and won't even be able to get $495,000 for her home. So, in order to clear her home from the market, she ends up "accepting" what she's "actually worth."

• Honestly, I think it depends.

First off, a lot of women claiming they have high standards is complete crap. In general, the concept of a league doesn't stem from looks, but INCOME from my experience.

Personally, I live in a household where my dad single-handedly earns more that 200K, which puts our family in the top 5% of America...I also go to an Ivy League school, we live in California in one of the richest counties, and we live in a 1.5 million dollar house.

So for me, 5% of women + hot-upper middle class women(15% of America) < 20%.

So I'd say <20% of women think they may be out of my league. But then again, that doesn't stop me.

• Women have very high standards with respect to how men look, but relatively low standards regarding how men treat them. That's very significant for a number of reasons.

• sucks really . I can't treat people like crap , too hard for me

• ROFL! (rolls eyes) yea... this is coming from someone with no pic. Many average guys do get tail. And very attractive I may ad

• You get told a lot of sh*t about "95 percent of women".

• no woman at my uni walks with an average looking guy or less

• the majority of women only want good looking guys ( not currently dating )

• You're wrong. And you're so far wrong, that no rational argument can reach you.