Female swimwear question: why don't more females wear monokini-style swimsuits?

I was on a family vacation recently and I spent a lot of time around swimming pools.

I noticed that monokini-style swimsuits are cute-looking, unique and stylish,

but I didn't see many females wearing them, not just during my week long vacation, but I haven't seen them worn much at all.

-------

My fashion questions to you ladies (and guys as well) is:

1) would you wear a monokini-style swimsuit?

2) why do you think that monokini-style swimsuits aren't more popular among the masses?

---------

Be as detailed as you wish in your answer

Most Helpful Girl

• They give awful tanlines... and some are complicated to put on with all the one sided straps. I don't find them as cute as bikinis... and bikinis are easier to take off (not meant in a sexual way).

What Girls Said 14

• 1) I don't find the look of them very attractive.

2) Bikini's are more comfortable to me.

3) I don't want the horrible tan lines that monokini's cause.

Therefore, no I would never wear one and they're probably not as popular because of the reasons I listed above.

• i think their f****n sexy! iv never worn a bikini or monokini before but if I do id love to wear a monokini.

the way id solve the tan line issue is id wear a monokini as a one off thing and wear bikinis more often. so say, for 3 times id wear a monokini, id wear a bikini 15 times for example. that way I can rock both and not have those pesky lines around to an obvious degree. :)

• I actually never hear of a "monokini-styled" swimsuit until you just mentioned it, at least wasn't really familiar with what they looked like. I actually like them though. They do seem to be really cute, showy in all the right places. I'd definitely consider getting one. I've never been a huge fan of one piece swimsuits, just because 2 piece swimsuits seem to be a little bit more free feeling and I have to admit, I like to show off my body a little :p But, these swimsuits have actually caught my eye, thanks for pointing them out aha :)

• well first of all if you wear a monokini style swimsuit just imagine what kind of a tan you'll have after taking of the swimsuit. Would you want YOUR body to be half white and half tan? I sure wouldnt, so that's why I DONT wear it.

• I prefer small bikinis. The smaller the better. Smoother and more uniform tan for most of your body.

• I would wear one if I didn't tan easily, as the tan lines I think could look pretty strange.

• 1)No

2) because crazy tanlines is why. "Yes look at my sweet tan, at the sides of my body not in the middle of my body"

• I think 1) yes

2) tanlines, definitely, and maybe they are difficult to put on or something?

• Honestly it's either that most females don't have the body for it, don't feel confident/sexy in it, or are prudish and think it looks slutty although it covers more than a two piece

• 1.) No

2.)All girls these days, including overweight ones wear bikini styles because that's what garners the most attention. Don't underestimate the lengths girls will go for attention.

Oh those pesky lines. Tan lines, pantie lines. What's next?

• simple: weird tan lines.

• 1.- I would

2.- because of the weird tan lines

• because of the tan lines

i would wear one if it was really cute tho

they aren't popular because before monokinis werent that pretty, the bikinis had more varieties and had more patterns and colors

• well because the tan lines would be horrible haah I wouldn't wear them

What Guys Said 0