Guys and girls, what do you think about a straight male that is genuinely into womens' fashion?

We all know that the strereotype of males in fashion is mainly, guys that are not straight. The reason why I ask this question is...I am one of those guys highlighted in the title of this question.

When I look at women, I just don't look at how her facial features and body features look...I look at her actual ensemble (makeup, clothing, accessories, shoes, hair, etc.) herself and how it's put together.

I have an interest in observing female fashion and how the clothing, makeup and accessories are constructed and used in combination, as well as how certain types of clothes, makeup and jewelry flatter different bodytypes and heights.

When I shop and I come across womens' accessories, I can imagine how they would look on certain builds / complexions of woman and how they can mesh with other fashion items.

In fact, I help out the women in my family, female friends, and my girlfriends with putting ensembles together (clothes, shoes, makeup, accessories, hairstyle), and I did so voluntarily instead of grudgingly like a lot of my fellow males do. :-P

When it comes to actually approaching females, I genuinely compliment their entire "fashion package" and how well its put together (and I usually get flattered replies back). I also learned during my time as an insurance agent that I get more warm feedback from female prospects than male prospects...which is useful for if I truly wanted to pursue a career in womens' fashion.

...and yes, I have been asked if I was "not straight" before. So I adjusted my approach towards "females of interest" to be extra-bold to avoid confusion! :-P

---------

Guys and girls, what is your initial impression about a straight male being genuinely into womens' fashion?

Vote and reply as much as you like, sharing examples and observations.

• Interesting in a good way (ex. unique hobby for a straight guy to be into!)
  • Interesting in a bad way (ex. is he a creeper in disguise?)
  • I believe he is gay or bi-sexual, but is pretending to be straight
  • I think HE thinks he is straight, but he may not be as "straight" as he thinks he is
  • I primarily think something else not in options A-D

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it is so cool, I want a guy like that, he could tell me what to wear and really compliment my fashion sense becaus ehe gets it

What Girls Said 13

• I voted E; I don't necessarily think it's a "unique hobby" I just think it's something normal.

A lot of guys I know do this, actually..some without realizing it. Guys are obviously very visual, so checking out all of what a girl is wearing and her "style" is normal.

I've had guy friends go for girls specifically because of her "style" and how it made her look. I've also had guy friends be turned off by a girl (who is otherwise attractive) because of something she's wearing (i.e., uggs or something stupidly trendy lol).

• Either A or B. I wouldn't assume that he's gay based on that, but there are some guys who are into that kind of thing because they are creepy and/or they just want to get into a girl's pants or meet nearly naked models. But some guys are genuinely into that, which is kind of cool.

I like men's fashion, that doesn't make me a lesbian. I just love the way men dress.

• have you thought about starting a business? honestly i chose D, but it doesn't matter what I think. only you know what you want out of life and its not my for me to know. I think its cool that you do this. Seriously though if women like your ideas you might want to start a fashion line or something and turn that into a business. who cares what people think, that might be good for business to keep them guessing is he or isn't he... that doesn't matter, just stay single and focus on the business. who knows you could be come the next big thing...

• I like it when a guy takes note of what I'm wearing. It's flattering. If he asked to borrow it, then I'd assume he's a little acey deucy. :)

• I think the guy should find him a girlfriend who will let him use her to play dressup

• I don't see anything wrong with it as love as you love and enjoy what you are doing in fact the are a number of straight designers who are making a killing Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Oscar de la Renta to name but a few and who cares what other people think you know who you are you don't need their approval so if you decide to take the plunge and make it a full time career not a hobby well the possibilities are endless just run with it

• If I found a guy who loved fashion as much as I did.. I would marry him! Haha

• Neutral

• I don't want a guy to know more about women's fashion than I do

• He would seem cool

• i would like him

• i would like it.

• I wouldn't care

What Guys Said 7

• Hey we need more straight guys in fashion, instead of it being dominated by stuck up women and gay guys. Who tell girls on our behalf (straight guys), what's hot, which straight guys could care less about. Think about anorexic models, or new crap about guys love thigh gaps.

With more straight guys in fashion we can exactly portray what we find sexy, attractive in the opposite sex. Instead of clique made of morons, who are gay or women.

Lets put crap like Vogue out of business.

• I am just like you Prof :D I was reading somewhere that the average man lasts 26 minutes before getting utterly bored of shopping hehe.

• I like shopping and discussing fashions with women, and they appreciate a man's point of view, and as a man, I like the point of view also. You can check out the women all you want if you're in the role of a fashion critic!

• Out of interest, would you say you are more interested in fashion or style?

I try to be vaguely aware of fashion in case people ask opinions, but really I'm only interested in style.

• Im talking about actual fashion here

• What you describe in your question I would view more as 'style' as opposed to 'fashion' being 'what's in for this season'.

• I am into style, not fashion. I am well educated on purses, clothing, and shoes. Now I am a guy who plays in a rock/metal band but I know all this because when I am with a woman I like to buy her nice things. Sometimes I have better taste then they do. I was once with my ex and she was looking for a new purse and some clothing. She went with all the things I picked out.

• I chose interesting in a good way.

• I'm completely neutral.