Why are girls attracted to personality, character, confidence, non-physical attributes more than looks? why?

Many people argue, it seems to be commonly accepted in life, society, that girls are not as visual as guys when it comes to attraction with the opposite sex, girls don't place as much as a high emphasis on looks, appearences as much as guys do, if it is true, then why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because women think they are weak and need a provider so money and status are important to them

What Girls Said 12

• Appearance is important to women. We do want to be attracted to our partners.

That said, how far can physical attraction take you? Why would I want to be with someone I don't get along with? Who I have nothing in common with? Who I think is an a**hole? Who treats me poorly?

• it could be that we look for qualities that would make a good partner,but also-women aren't as visual when it comes to erotic pleasure-this is why so many women prefer literary erotica. we're considered more emotional than visual. of course-that's not true for a lot of women.

• Women tend to connect and bond via emotions. So the other characteristics are important in building a connection. Attraction is more than just looks. Because when the lights go off, you still want somebody who's actions appeal to you.

• People don't fall in love with the sucks thin but the package. He looks as well as the underneath you need to be physically and mentally attracted to the person at hand. The physical part depends on you same as the personality. When yo love someone you need to spend time with them. If they have a horribly personality you wouldn't wan to hang with hem. Also you need to be physically attracted for like sex and that. Beside you are rate mug higher if you have a 8 for personality and a 5 for looks than 9 on looks and no personality.

• I think physical attraction is a small aspect at first in a relationship. With out it there would be no chemistry or anything but looks are not as important to me as other things. I love funny guys and defiantly look for that quality in a man, along with others. I think girls look past looks because looks fade and what's left is the personality of the person. Girls want mentally secure men and not just the good looks.

• Because looks fade. Personality lasts forever!

• I've been reading your questions and they've made me laugh out loud. Thank you for that.

• looks fade

• well becasue that's what matter in the long run.

• because we need to have a guy who will care for us not a guy who is just good looking, personality makes us want to be with the guy

• Why aren't guys attracted to those other things is what you need to be asking.

• There has to be some physical attraction there but we do look for other stuff too unlike guys

What Guys Said 2

• Who commonly accepts that? That question is a lie. Girls love Prince Charming to be the Knight in shining armour to come sweep them off their feet. All non good-looking guys know this and suffer in silence

• Because studies show that women find 80 % of guys unnattractive, which results in them finding other ways to be Satasfied such as money, power, how many other girls like him, humor etc.