How much do you want guys to appreciate you for your looks?

i just heard a song with the lyrics " girl your the prettiest thing I've ever seen come lay your bones down" or something along those lines. do girls tend to want guys to be with them because they are pretty?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really hold any value in how much someone finds me attractive.

What if I get sick? What if I get disfigured or maimed? What If I got older?

They would simply leave me for someone else whose beauty they appreciated.

And what would be the point in all the time you wasted investing into someone who just leaves you because, you got sick, disfigured, maimed, or old for someone prettier/cuter/hotter?

Why waste all that time? For a wham'bam thank you ma'am sexual relationship, being mostly focused on looks is fine.

For a deeper, stable, and more serious relationship, being infatuated with looks is not enough.

• you say what is in my head!

What Girls Said 13

• Interesting question. My first thought was no, I don't. But after thinking about it, I had to qualify my answer. While I don't put much stock in appearances, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be the most beautiful woman in the world to HIM though. When my husband looks at me, he makes me feel as if I am. I would love to see me through HIS eyes. I want to be appreciated for being ME, not my packaging. As others have mentioned, that can change and will age and wrinkle. What makes me who I am won't change.

• Wow, no.

I want him to find me attractive but I want my personality to be a bigger factor and I want him to love me as a whole more than he could ever love my legs, or eyes, or hair.

• Everyone likes when people like how they look. It's nice to feel like people think you're attractive, and it's a pretty bad feeling to be in a relationship with someone you know (or suspect) thinks you're ugly. So yes, we do appreciate guys who think we are pretty and we do want guys who like the way we look.

However, and I'll only speak for myself here because all girls are different, but wanting a guy to like the way you look is totally different than wanting a guy to like you because of the way you look. If a guy only liked me because of the way I look, he's basically saying that that's all I am to him, which isn't okay. If you're only with someone because their personality isn't intolerable and they're really good looking, you're reducing them to a two-dimensional state and not seeing them for the whole person that they are.

So if you like a girl solely for her looks, you're wasting her time.

• no...definitely not. I hate that.

• no I will be sad if he is with me because of my looks.

i realized that when someone complimented me on my personality I felt happier and more appreciated than when someone complimented me on my looks

• I prefer to be appreciated for my personality.

• No! That's not what I want, I'll be sad if it was the case.

• I like it as much as I like to be liked for just being me!

It's important for me, because I like to know that the person I'm with feels attraction towards me and not just for my personality! and just the same the other way around! Because everything is better when you have both!

• It's a jealousy thing. I want him to appreciate me in that department so I have less competition with other girls. If keeping myself pretty will keep him from choosing a Playboy and his hand over sex with me, I will try to keep myself nice.

• It's important to me, but when I actually get attention for it I don't like it... I always feel like I'm less than perfect and I want to be perfect..

• i think it hsould be 50 on looks 50 on personality

• divide in 3 parts my looks, my personality and my values/beliefs. so the answer is 33%

• Not too much. Like us for other stuff like our personality. I don't think too many guys care about a girls personality

What Guys Said 2

• i apreciate the girl for what is best in her

• They want them to be with them because they're pretty among many other things. Being with them for only being pretty or mainly being with them because they're pretty they wouldn't like