Which is a better outfit for a business formal event?

So I'm kind of sort of really tall for a girl and I have an incredibly hard time finding dress pants and blazers that fit and are appropriate for my very limited student budget. The last time I went shopping, most of the sales people suggested either cropped pants or 3/4 sleeve blazer. I'm pretty sure that I can't do both at the same time because it's just going to look like the dryer attacked me.

So I was wondering which would look better for business formal/be a cheaper option/be easier to find:

a) cropped pants with a full length sleeve blazer

b) full length pants with a 3/4 sleeve blazer

also if anyone knows a good online store for relatively inexpensive tall business apparel, I'd love to know. Thanks :)

• Cropped pants with a full length blazer
  • Full length pants with a 3/4 sleeve blazer
If anyone needs pics for reference:

a) cropped pants link

full length sleeve blazer link

b) full length pants (I need 36") link

3/4 sleeve blazer link
whoops, the last link doesn't work, hopefully this one does: link

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• B, but if you're on a budget, get full length on both, as they're far more versatile.

How tall are you, and what's your budget for both pieces?

• I'm 6', but I've got really long arms and legs. It doesn't make shopping easy that's for sure. I could go to a store for tall clothing, but the price for one blazer with full length sleeves blows my entire budget. I'm sort of leaning toward B for that reason. I have $150 for pants, a blazer, and a decent pair of shoes. So I could probably spare $110 for the 2 pieces.

• link

Man she's cute :P

But ya, I think Full length pants with 3/4 sleeve blazer is a better option.

• Go with a, you'll look sleek and stylish, you'll also tall so it'll suit you. You'll fit in no matter what the situation.

b, pants are too long. Can barley see the shoes, and hovering around at the bottom.

• Trust me, I'll have no trouble finding shorter pants. Are there any other cons to b?

• Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I'm not planning on buying any of those pieces. I have yet to find anything that fits haha.

• I would say B.

• Is there any particular reason why?

• Imo it looks more professional to have the pants me full length and the blazer be shorter as opposed to the other way around.

What Girls Said 4

• Second choice, it looks a lot smarter x

• i would choose the full lnegth pants.

• Definitely the second choice

• Is there any particular reason why?

• i think the first look is better

• Is there any particular reason why?

• i don't like the short blazer